Regional Desktop Support Technician
The George Mason University, Information Technology Unit ( ITU ) is recruiting a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual to fill a position in Technology Support Services as a Regional Desktop Support Technician at our Prince William campus.
This position, along with another Technology Support Services ( TSS ) technician on-site, will be responsible for a multitude of different computing, server support, telecommunications (such as VOIP ) and networking services for the faculty, staff and students at the Prince William campus. This person will be working closely with other ITU staff from the regional and Fairfax campuses.
Candidate must be able to independently manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Individuals should be comfortable working independently as well as in a team environment.
• Experience installing computers (i.e., Mac and PC) and their components including installing boards, cards, hard drives, peripheral components (i.e,. printers, scanners, mobile devices, etc.), and a diverse number of software products;
• Experience and the ability to partition hard drives, install software, video and printer drivers, and the ability to configure operating system profiles to optimize computer performance;
• Strong troubleshooting and communication skills to be able to analyze hardware and software problems, research and resolve complex issues; interface with customers, manufacturers, and technical support staff; and experience working in data wiring closets to provide Ethernet network connectivity;
• Strong working knowledge of the most commonly used software products (e.g., Mac OSX , Windows Operating Systems: Windows Vista, Windows 7 and 8, MS Office suite, etc.); and remote desktop support and imaging tools (e.g, MS Desktop, Bomgar, SMS , SCCM , Ghost, etc.);
• Ability to instruct and provide guidance in the basic use of these products when needed;
• Working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Active Directory (AD);
• Strong customer service, communication and collaboration skills; and
• Associate degree in computing, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience; and demonstrated work experience in desktop support (three or more years is preferred) are required.
• Certifications for Mac OSX and Microsoft products;
• Certifications such A+, MCP , ACMT , CCNA , or training from applicable hardware and software manufacturers; and
• Knowledge of service request management systems such as Service Desk Express ( SDE ) and experience working with a help desk and with help desk procedures.
Salary range is up to $45,500.00; commensurate with experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 01462z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by August 16, 2013 ; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
For Full Consideration, Apply by:
Mason Ad Statement
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in 198 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
George Mason University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity.
George Mason University - 11 months ago