We are currently in a search for a Computer Operator/Drafter position for our Milwaukie (Portland), OR location. This position will play a key role in computer documentation, providing drafting support, and will report directly to the division manager.
Who We Are:
Acuren Inspection, a nondestructive testing (NDT), inspection and materials engineering firm focused on supporting mechanical integrity and inspection programs for clients in the Petrochemical, Refinery, Pipeline, Pulp & Paper, Power Generation, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, and Automotive industries.
With more than 3,000 skilled employees and a network of 80+ local offices across North America, we have the resources that support inspection needs, whether it’s managing a large-scope turnaround projects, balance of plant programs, or time-sensitive callout jobs. Today, Acuren is a growing organization of dedicated people committed to providing our customers with a higher standard of reliability.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop detailed AutoCAD drawings from field sketches and notes.
• Enter data into mechanical integrity data management system.
• Analyze data pertaining to equipment’s mechanical integrity.
• Graphically document inspection information.
• Review documents and drawings for accuracy.
• Prepare inspection reports.
• Manage and organize inspection information.
• Proficient in 2D AutoCAD.
• Proficient and experienced with MS Office, particularly Excel and Word.
• Able to type 30+ WPM and 10 key by touch.
• Detail oriented and organized.
• Must have a good Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
Important note: This position involves extensive travel to industrial facilities. Most out of town jobs are one to four weeks in duration. It is typical to be out of town for 3 to 5 months total per year. Long shifts are worked during customer’s maintenance shutdown in an industrial environment.
• Starting hourly salary will be based on experience and additional skills.
• We offer work a fast-paced, growing company with potential for career advancement, personal development and growth. Along with challenging learning opportunities, you will find competitive compensation, a comprehensive health and welfare plan (medical, dental, STD, LTD, and life insurance), paid vacation and a 401K retirement plan. We believe in “A Higher Level of Reliability” in everything we do. For our employees, this means providing a safe and respectful workplace and a steady job with opportunities to learn and grow.
All job offers are contingent on completing a thorough background screening and drug test.