At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Eastern Commercial Operations - US
STUDENT INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY - 4 or 8 month term, starting May 2013.
TransCanada is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America, with a strong focus on pipelines and power generation opportunities. TransCanada's Westborough, MA office manages an energy portfolio comprised of OTC and exchange traded commodity contracts, fixed and indexed derivatives, option products, physical assets, and wholesale power sales contracts.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to assist with all aspects of managing the portfolio including front, middle, and back office functions. Working closely with analysts and traders, some responsibilities would be to:
Education and Qualifications:
- Work with analyst in the engineering and development of database projects that involve table design, coding, debugging, and testing;
- Performing data conversions from flat files into a normalized database structure and setting up data feeds;
- Assist analysts with analyzing data, determining modelling approach, coding the resulting model, creating user interface, performing stress test and risk analysis;
- Create commodity products forward curves for pricing used by the marketing and trading business units;
- Work with traders, understanding their requests and coming up with solutions to address these requests;
- Other tasks as required.
Please apply to this posting by February 10,2013.
- Undergraduate and/or advanced degree in computer science or a quantitative field (Math/Physics/Financial Engineering);
- Option theory knowledge and at least one programming language;
- Experience in writing stored procedures a plus;
- Strong mathematical skills - Probability Theory, Stochastic Calculus, PDE, Numerical Methods.
To apply, go to https://careers.transcanada.com/erc/apply.htm and enter reference code EXT50584452-01 or click HERE.
To view all of our job postings or to learn more about TransCanada go to http://jobs.transcanada.com/
Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career options.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
TransCanada - 20 months ago
TransCanada Corporation is a major North American energy company based in Calgary, Alberta, developing and operating energy infrastructure...