Sabra, Wang & Associates, Inc. has an opening for a Computer Systems Specialist in our Columbia office. SWA utilizes 150 PC-based computers and several peripheral devices using Microsoft Windows Local Area Network, and multiple servers and routers. This position requires intimate and hands-on knowledge of hardware and software applications for diagnostic and maintenance of the network. This position requires proven ability to independently perform all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain all of the network hardware and software applications and peripheral equipment. Successful candidate must be able to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
Duties of the position:
Knowledge, Skills & Minimum Requirements:
- Act as Information technology support to the entire Company with offices in Maryland and Virginia; provide technical assistance to staff. Responds to user requests for service and determines the nature and extent of support needed. Provides support or refers to the appropriate staff member.
- Troubleshoot personal computers and laptops and replace CPUs, hard drives, memory and video cards, fan motors and other internal modular components.
- Troubleshoot Linksys and Sonic Wall routers, POE switches, Firewall and VPN.
- Perform optimization of servers disk storage capacity
- Troubleshoot the e-mail server and maintain connectivity companywide.
- Check error logs for server troubleshooting and correct errors.
- Check server back-up applications and make sure that system is backed up daily.
- Restore lost files and folders via system back-up.
- Configure telephone switches for relocation and new work station set-ups.
- Install, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots a wide range of hardware and software used throughout the company's operations. Performs hardware/software upgrades to existing computer equipment.
- Respond to hardware and software trouble call requests. Investigate error messages and determines resolution. Reinstall program or replace files that are causing errors. Call software vendors or accesses on-line technical support to obtain software updates. Investigate appropriate areas of potential problems and determine resolution.
- Keep good documentation of trouble calls and repairs/resolution.
- Perform remote diagnostics, application set-up, application updates, and communications with off-site IT support consulting firm in Virginia.
- Provide Windows network support companywide which includes installing networked application software, granting access to users, creating user groups, managing shared resources, installing peripherals, configuring work stations, including setting up batch files and making specific files read only.
- Contact software vendors to obtain specifications, pricing, and other purchase related information needed to guide departments in their selection of software.
Requires good understanding of hardware and software installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking and accessory equipment. Requires experience with personal computer equipment. Must have experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and Microsoft Office/Windows system applications. Terminal emulation, menuing, Windows Network installation and maintenance skills required. Requires sufficient analytical skills to assess problems or unusual situations and develop solutions. Requires understanding of computer & network communication protocols, and hands-on experience in assembling and disassembling of personal computer components including replacement of CPUs, hard drives, fan motors, and memory and video card upgrades.
Required Education and Experience:
Position requires a minimum of an AA/AS degree in computer related field plus a minimum of three years relevant experience; or a BA/BS degree in computer science or related discipline and a minimum of two years relevant experience. Certification in hardware and software operating systems is a plus.
Physical Skills and Abilities:
Requires own transportation, valid driver license, and mobility within our offices, and the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10 - 50 pounds.
Please send or email your resume along with a cover letter identifying the position for which you are interested to:
Sabra, Wang & Associates, Inc.
Attention: Kariann Kuchak
7055 Samuel Morse Drive, Suite 100
Columbia, MD 21046
All information received from applicants will remain confidential.
Sabra, Wang & Associates, Inc. - 19 months ago
Sabra, Wang & Associates, Inc. (SWA) is a multi-disciplinary engineering firm headquartered in Columbia, MD with offices in Maryland,...