Job Description for Part-Time Computer Training Instructor/Consultant
A nonprofit organization in Brooklyn is searching for a Part-Time Computer Instructor/Consultant. Our organization provides a variety of services to community residents and special population groups.
The Computer Training Instructor is a Consultant who will be responsible for teaching basic computer skills and Microsoft Office 10 (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to students 2 to 3 times a week for a total of 6 hours weekly. The consultant reports directly to the Program Coordinator.
- Develop and present lessons to students in a clear and effective manner
- Assure that all computers and software are working properly before each class session
- Prepare lesson plans for each session
- Coordinate and implement instructions in an orderly and professional manner
- Design and execute the entire curriculum within each cycle
- Monitor, observe and provide appropriate feedback on student performances
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for each class
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences.
- Integrate work readiness skills such as resume writing and internet job search and
interviewing skills in teaching curriculum
- Provide appropriate feedback on students’ performance
- Troubleshoot minor repairs in Computer Lab equipment
- Develop and coordinate computer related training for a diverse group of people
Qualifications and Skills required:
- Experience in instructing a class of approximately 15 students
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong computer skills and extremely knowledgeable in Microsoft Office 10
- Capability of teaching future training workshops on Graphic Design and Web Design software
- Exhibit a strong work ethic, maintain an organized work routine, and assure timely
completion of all requirements
- Must be prepared to conduct a demonstration class during the interview process
- Ability to motivate individuals with barriers to employment
- A minimum of 3-5 years in teaching computer workshops or classes
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer related area required
- Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) candidates encouraged to apply
Deadline: July 26, 2013
Please send an email with cover letter, resume, and include 3 references.