Educational Requirements :|
M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field. Ph.D. strongly preferred.
Work Experience :
Recent graduates are welcome. Industry work experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning and computer vision.
- Ability to create theoretically sound and practical solutions to computer vision problems on large, real-world datasets.
- Proficient in C/C++ to implement, evaluate and execute algorithms.
- Experience with medical or 3D images is preferred, but not essential.
- Communication skills to work together with a team and present work internally and externally through presentations and publications.
HeartFlow ( http://heartflow.com/ ) is a mid-sized company located in Redwood City, CA which started from Stanford (by Prof. Charles Taylor and Christopher Zarins, MD). The company’s goal is to transform healthcare using precise personalized anatomical models derived from imaging, combined with accurate blood flow simulation to assess how to best treat a patient. Our first product, FFRct, targets coronary artery blockages and has received a lot of press and excitement in the cardiology community, since it will make it possible to avoid an invasive diagnostic catheter procedure that is both expensive, widespread and dangerous (1% mortality during this procedure). The core technology of the company is accurate fluid simulation and robust computer vision.
Our business model gives us access to an unprecedented amount of highly annotated medical images, which makes it possible to leverage computer vision and machine learning to quickly, robustly and accurately analyze images that are used to create patient-specific models. These models form the basis for physiological simulations that are used to determine treatment. Help us bring big data to medical imaging with a strong impact on patient care!
HeartFlow - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -