The State of California requires that all food service employees to be certified. Classes can be taken on line at any number of sites. In your search window type "California Food Handlers certification". Or go to www.calrest.org/foodhandler or www.calfoodhandler.com . Most cost from $10.00 -$15.00.The job consists of working in mobile and stationary concession stands, preparing and serving food and beverage as a part of the whole Fairplex experience. The work may be at the counter, grill or soda fountain.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Sells and serves food and beverages, uses hospitality and graciousness (smile-greeting-eye-contact) in dealing with guests. Performs duties in a pleasant, conscientious and professional manner to ensure guest satisfaction. Makes suggestions to add on to order. Ensures that the customer receives a superior product and service. Listens attentively and responds effectively to customer complaints. Performs side work assigned and duties requested by stand lead.
- Have current California Food Handler Certificate
- Must be friendly and able to work well with others.
- Must have steady transportation
- 1 year minimum experience with food quality and sanitary requirements
- Has a warm, friendly and hospitable personality and vocabulary.
- Has good people skills and is able to communicate and work well with others.
- Is able to deal with difficult guests in a professional, calm manner.
- Requires standing, bending, lifting (up to 25 pounds) and walking
- Must be able to work a combination of indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Is well groomed.
- Has ability to separate personal from professional life.
- Available to work weekend, evening and holiday shifts.
- Ability to prepare food at a counter, or operate cash register at counter height.
- Must be willing to wear entire uniform and conform to grooming standards
1 Year Minimum fast food experience
California Food Handlers Certificate