This position is located in Serra Mesa.
Variable shifts to include:
5:00 am - 1:30 pm
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
9:30 am - 6:00 pm
1:30 pm -10:00pm
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Weekends as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Three to five (3-5) years’ recent experience in a high contact customer service position required
- Experience in healthcare, hotel, high end restaurant, high end department or specialty store or comparable customer service related job preferred
- Requires the ability to deal with people of varying personalities and temperaments
- Requires experience in dealing with multiple demands and tasks simultaneously
- Requires knowledge of customer service strategies and tactics
- Requires the ability to present to small groups formally and informally
- Requires effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Requires good time management skills, the ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Requires the ability to supervise others and establish priorities
- Requires the ability to take initiative to resolve immediate problems by accessing resources and implementing actions
- Requires the ability to accurately direct individuals on where they need to go
- Requires the ability to work with a computer and input data including Windows based programs and Outlook
- Knowledge of Sharp HealthCare, San Diego and the community
The Reception role is committed to providing superior customer service greeting patients, visitors and staff as they enter Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Along with greetings, this individual will tend to the needs and requests of our guests as well as perform duties that include, but are not limited to: way finding, securing shuttle rides, escorting, assist in supervising volunteers, training new staff, maintaining service recovery tools, keep team motivation high, maintain the integrity of the lobby and other duties as assigned.
The reception desk consists of seven (7) staff members and has grown to also oversee the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit front desk in addition to the main desk in the front lobby of Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns. It is a fast-paced environment requiring the ability to deal with multiple demands and tasks simultaneously.
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns is a nationally recognized, full-service Women's Hospital with approximately 8,500 deliveries per year and is part of the Sharp HealthCare system, which won the 2007 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
Located in San Diego, it is nationally recognized for its care of expectant mothers and delivering babies, as well as its Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – the largest in Southern California. Other services include Operating Room suites and PACU, Mother/Infant Services, Women’s Acute Care, and the Perinatal Special Care Unit with centralized monitoring specializing in high-risk antepartum care.
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns provides a full range of medical and surgical services for women of all ages, including robotic gynecologic surgery and oncology and is San Diego's only hospital dedicated to women's care. In 2009 and 2010, the hospital received the Press Ganey Summit Award for physician satisfaction scores above the 95th percentile or above for their two most recent physician partnership reports.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
- 3 years ago - save job