This position is located in Serra Mesa. The primary work location will be Sharp Memorial Hospital, extra shifts maybe be available at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital.
8 hour variable shift: Based on business needs, weekends based on business needs.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High school graduate
- Two years experience in a customer service position, preferably in an acute health care setting
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills to carry out the responsibilities of this position
- Relate to persons of all ages and diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities
- Effective interpersonal skills, excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Work collaboratively within a collegial department and multidisciplinary setting
- Provide excellent customer service by utilizing AIDET (Acknowledges, Introduces, Duration, Explanation, Thanks)
- Multi-task while maintaining a smooth work flow and maintaining a professional demeanor at all times
- Greet and direct guests in a clear manner utilizing department procedures
- Critical thinking and triage skills
- Adhere to Sharp HealthCare’s 12 Behavior Standards
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- College degree in health care field
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Concierge/Reception is responsible for serving as a liaison between patients, guests, staff, volunteers and physicians with the objective of enhancing the experience for those visiting Sharp Memorial Hospital and Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital. Proactively participates with departments to improve patient satisfaction through patient-centered initiatives. Proactively obtains resolution of concerns presented by the guests. Proactively assists guests with way finding and appropriate resources during their visit. Proactively identifies opportunities to improve the experience of patients, guests, staff, physicians and volunteers. Maintain confidential information. At Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital, Concierge/Reception also functions as the PBX Operator; checks-in guests and informs them of visitation policies; checks-in patient belongings brought in by guests; and dispenses parking tokens and monitor "gate phone".
The Guest Services department provides assistance to all patients, guests, staff, physicians and volunteers. They serve as the first contact of the hospital and support the Recovery Model in a patient centered care approach.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offer outpatient programs throughout the community.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
Keywords, 52309 Concierge/Reception
- 21 months ago - save job
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...