Responsibilities JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES SUMMARY
Mon/Tue/Thur 9a - 2p
Under the direction and leadership of the Guest Services Manager, the Greeter/Concierge will greet and acknowledge all customers in a friendly, professional manner and provide the quick, responsive customer service and information necessary to result in a meaningful visit. Manage and coordinate all activities related with the concierge/front desk operation and provide hospitality services to patients, visitors, and employees while adhering to HIPAA, TJC, and Scott and White standards and regulations as well as Scott and White mission and vision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ensure each guest receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and thanking each customer. Adhere to the 10 foot/10 second customer service rule
- Adhere to HIPAA, TJC, and Scott and White standards while displaying the Mission and Vision of Scott and White
- Serve as a liaison to volunteers
- Use the scripted greeting to answer the information phone line promptly within three rings
- Assist visiting clergy and guest with room information and directions
- Provide a central location for volunteers to sign in, answer questions and address concerns and provide education for volunteers working in the hospital
- Provide patient transport for admissions and discharges as needed by contacting the customer service department
- Arrange for taxi or shuttle service for visitors in the hospital
- Regularly provide policy/procedure updates to volunteers as changes occur in the hospital
- Ensure that all case managers, hospice workers, social workers, and vendors have the correct identification for the area of the hospital they are visiting
- Provide a listing of local amenities for visitors including local hotels, restaurants, flower shops, bus schedules, airline information, car rental services, and pharmacies, etc
- Monitor the lobby and alert security of any possible issues or concerns
- Alert Environmental Services of any spills, hazards, or shortages of supplies in the restrooms
- Maintain the cleanliness of the main lobby and its surrounding area
- Coordinate lost and found drop-off
- Connect visitors with proper translators
- Provide correct direction and way finding (maps) for locations in the facility or if unable, direct patients or visitor to someone who can
- Position in key areas and rounds in the defined area to help direct patients and visitors to the appropriate place or person
- Utilize good judgment to respond in a calm and efficient manner in all situations
- Perform other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner
- Adhere to the appropriate dress code, including uniform, as set forth in the Support Services handbook
- Display a professional manner at all times while on Scott and White property
PERFORMS OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
- Use computer or Rolodex to access directory for hospital departments, employee locations and phone numbers
- Must have excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Able to act independently and make accurate decisions
- Proven background managing and multi-task operation with a high degree of attention to detail
- Familiarity with the area that surrounds the hospital to be better prepared to make recommendations and give directions to patients and guests, is a plus
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
Training & Experience:
- Previous experience working in customer service preferred
- Knowledge of and experience using various computerized and or radio based communication systems preferred
- To interact and communicate with all customers and team members in a positive and professional manner.
- To communicate appropriately verbally and in writing using the English language.
- To comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos and other forms of verbal and written communication.
- To effectively deal with difficult situations and resolve customer service concerns.
- To work and accomplish tasks in a stressful, fast-paced environment.
- Prior front desk or concierge experience in a hotel, hospital, medical or dental office preferred
- Must maintain confidentiality of patients, visitors, staff and guests
- Must pass health screening and meet health requirements of position
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language sufficiently to perform job functions
Experience: Minimum/No Experience
Degree: H. S. Graduate/GED Equivalent
License/Certificate: Heartsaver Heartsaver w/in 90 days
Department: CSHosp Front Door Operations
Standard Hours Per Week: 15
Shift: Mon/Tue/Thur 9a - 2p
Scott & White - 5 months ago