The Conference Services (CS) Representatives are responsible for greeting and directing all clients and visitors, answering and routing calls, handling inquiries from external and internal clients, and providing information related to the firm. The CS Representative provides assistance coordinating requests for lawyers and staff, as needed. CS Representatives are needed to monitor visitor access in an effort to assist in ensuring a secure environment. Other duties include performing clerical and administrative tasks for the Conference Services team regarding conference center and visitor information. This position relies heavily on customer service, detail-orientation, multi-tasking and quality assurance.
Consistently, promptly and professionally answer main telephone switchboard and ensure calls or messages are received by all in an expedient manner.
Greet all clients and visitors to the office. Record the person's name in the client visitors’ or building access list and address visitor needs. Notify the Ropes & Gray lawyer or staff member of the visitor's arrival.
Maintain orderly appearance of conference rooms, reception area and visitor offices. Report maintenance and inventory needs of these public areas to the respective work group for problem resolution and assist with coordination of work, as needed.
Pull daily catering reports, place orders with local vendors: receive delivery, set and clean-up catering services.
Accept service of process in accordance with firm policy, and notifying designated staff member(s) of presentation of documents for service of process
Arrange car service reservations and voucher distribution for visitors and clients.
Process urgent walkup conference room or visitor office reservation requests.
Assist with Audiovisual and Videoconference equipment- setup, testing and troubleshooting.
Ensure all meeting requests have been fulfilled prior to meeting start time and coordinate immediate assistance to meetings in progress including catering, room set-up, equipment, technology, etc.
Communicate requests for assistance from lawyers to Secretarial Services Supervisor or Office Administrator.
Inform facilities team of vendor access needs or overtime HVAC, after-hours office access and activity.
Redirecting unidentified mail, signing and accepting deliveries/packages for firm lawyers and staff.
Provide backup coverage for the mailroom and copy center including deliver and pick up mail from the post office and within the office; ship and receive in the Resource Room; stock all copiers and make copies, send large jobs off-site and monitor workflow.
Executing a variety of Conference Services tasks including, but not limited to
- Perform routine "quality of service" checks on conference rooms and visitor offices.
- Pull daily conference room and visitor office activity for your office location for distribution.
- Provide assistance to meeting attendees with room set-up, distribution of presentation materials, copying, shipping, etc.
- Uphold all Conference Services policies, procedures and high standards for quality service.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by the Conference Services Manager/Supervisor and Office Administrator.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A high school diploma or the equivalent with a minimum of three years of related work experience.
- Hotel or law firm experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office (reservation software experience a plus.)
- Highly developed customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Must demonstrate the ability to:
- Maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's internal and personnel affairs.
- Interact effectively and professionally with all levels of personnel.
- Maintain composure under pressure and handle several matters concurrently.
- Plan, organize and carry out multiple related activities with limited supervision.
- Work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
- Follow up and follow through on all assigned tasks.
- Be flexible and maintain a professional manner in all situations.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Availability for overtime.
- Work in a multi-office environment.
Normal office environment and schedule.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Ropes & Gray is a national law firm serving the needs of businesses throughout the country and the world. Its more than 400 lawyers...