The ideal candidate for this role may have worked as a Conference or Banquet Set-up Captain/Supervisor and has a passion and desire to work as a Conference Services Set Up Supervisor. Must be in good physical condition as the position will require heavy lifting. Supervisory experience required. You must also have a great personality and a passion for serving people. |
Responsibilities for this Position
- BASIC FUNCTION: The Floor Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the quality and standards of the Conference Services Department and the Property, with the focus on meeting and exceeding our guests expectations everyday.
- Oversees the daily activities of the Conference Floor Set Up Team.
- Supervise and coordinate the set-up and breakdown of all meeting room/function space for business meetings and catering events. Ensuring the clients requirements and standards have been met, if not exceeded.
- Develop effective communication with Guests, Conference Floor staff, Conference Floor Manager and all levels of management in other departments.
- Perform daily quality control checks on all equipment and meeting/function space, reporting any needed repairs or maintenance to ensure our safety and quality standards are met.
- To perform minor maintenance on conference equipment, which may require the lifting of miscellaneous equipment weighing 5-75 lbs. and utilizing various hand tools.
- Ability to monitor and maintain inventory levels of all conference supplies.
- Assist in the cost-control methods of all conference supplies.
- The ability to understand and execute the special needs of guests/meeting attendees at Deloitte University. This may entail meeting with the on-site contact of a group that is holding or planning a meeting, to review any special requirements or details concerning the meeting.
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Previous supervisory experience in similar operation strongly preferred.
- Pleasant and helpful personality.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
- Must adhere to our appearance guidelines which include haircut above the collar and no visible tattoo's.
- Local applicants will be considered first.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Excellent people skills.
- We provide a substance free environment. Substance testing is mandatory.
- Meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Computer experience required.
- An energetic personality.
- High School degree or equivalent.
$15.00 per hour
Paid Time Off
14 days per year
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Free Parking
- Matching 401-k
- Educational Assistance
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
- An Equal Opportunity Employer
- We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.
- 24 total Paid Days Off (14 sick/vacation plus 10 holidays).
- Free meal in our employee cafeteria.
- Free uniform.
Benchmark Hospitality International - 19 months ago