THIS POSITION CAN BE LOCATED OUT OF OUR DULUTH, GA, KILGORE, TX OR RICHARDSON, TX FACILITY.
Responsible for: • Establishing and implementing the configuration management and documentation management environment policy, procedures, and guidelines • CM/DM planning, implementing, reporting, and audits • Product scope change control and version control • CM documentation and product component integration • Records Retention process and implementation • Supervising CAD/Drafting, Documentation Management, and Configuration Management personnel Essential Functions Include: • Manage CAD/Drafting, Documentation Management, and Configuration Management personnel • Perform as Chair/Co-Chair of CCB. • Develop the prime contractor configuration management plans. • Establish and manage processes to: - review and monitor changes to technical baselines submitted by contractors and engineers - maintain technical documents base line configuration status/CCB repository - support all CAD/Drafting requests to meet required standards and prioritized schedules • Able to read and develop technical drawings and associated lists. • Establish configuration control methods, procedures and standards. • Interface with government representatives and industrial contractors to ensure compatibility of processes, procedures, and supporting equipment. • Identification and preparation of formal requirements for inclusion in industrial contracts. • Re-enforcement of compliance with established formal requirements by support of inspections. • Establish internal control procedures for orderly configuration management. • Propose automated methods and tools required to increase performance of configuration and documentation control tasks. • Liaise with General Dynamics-SATCOM central services concerned with computerized process implementation. • Develop/review ECP/ECR/ECO for in-house engineering, outside contracts, or governmental agencies. This position is with General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, Inc., which is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics Government Systems, Inc., but which operationally reports into General Dynamics C4 Systems, Inc. Benefit packages and policies of General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, Inc. may vary from those available at General Dynamics C4 Systems, Inc. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. You must be a U.S. citizen or legally authorized to work in the USA in order to work for our company. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
• BS or Technical degree with 5 or more years experience in configuration management or configuration status accounting
• BA or High School Diploma or equivalency with 8 to 10 years related configuration management and documentation management/drafting experience
• Knowledge of industry standards and specifications associated with configuration management, documentation management, Computer-Aided Design, and Drafting
• Experience must be directly related to configuration management/documentation management of software or equipment baselines for DoD Weapons Systems.
• Ability to influence & direct CMDM requirements and processes across all GD SATCOM organizations at appropriate levels with relevant parties
• Direct Supervisory Experience, managing personnel inside the CMDM organization and in a matrix-managed manner across Engineering, Procurement, Integration and Program Management
• Demonstrated ability in verbal and written communications as well as synthetic and conceptual capabilities.
• Commitment and reliability in the execution of assigned tasks
• Manage conflict resolution within CMDM and across organizations
• Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to General Dynamics SATCOM CMDM concerns, modifying and communicating process changes across all organizations as required.
Must be able to travel 20% of the time
No Clearance Required
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Mission Systems has developed lifesaving communication products, integrating them into secure...