Configuration Coordinator - Ilion, NY
Remington Arms is the leading manufacturer and seller of Sporting Firearms, Ammunition and Accessories in the country. We currently have an opening for a Configuration Coordinator in our Ilion, NY location.
Performs accurate input to MRP/SAP data base, DMS/SNT serial number systems and Engineering process record data base. Responsible for direct input through PC to Remington’s data bases. Determines status and tracks Engineering Change Orders. Maintains process records. Assists project teams as technical and SAP data entry representative.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the SAP database - material master, product structure, work centers, back-flush locations, and routings.
- Review all process record changes for accuracy and ECO status.
- Review, approve, and inform Production of all process record changes and product structure changes received from Engineering.
- Maintain work centers, text ID’s and item operation details.
- Live input to SAP – changes are non-monitored.
- Create, maintain and coordinate item masters.
- Provide assistance to Engineers on process record (including proofreading for completeness and correctness), item master and structure changes.
- Maintain process record system (Read side) and update data files used by Production to access Engineering process records.
- This includes assisting the MRP Project Team in the evaluation of new systems, and disaster control as the representative from Engineering.
- Coordinates cut-in projects assisting Planning in determination of best timing for phase in components (Bills of Materials changes).
- Assists Accounting with Bills of Materials changes that can effect Budgets for the next year.
- Ensure compliance of all company policies and procedures.
- Follow all plant and safety rules and regulations.
- Manage MRP Data Control Specialist who is responsible to assist Industrial Engineering in maintaining lead times on all routings in SAP; analyze work center data, capacities, splits, and overlapping settings, send ahead quantities, move and queue; maintain routing data by populating control keys, splits, and standard run hours; back-track old processes, drawings and other related items in support of our Legal Defense Team (Archived files); create and maintain the Owner’s / Instruction manuals; and troubleshoot capacity planning problems for Systems and Planning personnel.
Skills and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two-year degree and 3-5 years of experience with personal computers, databases, spread sheets, and MRP software in a manufacturing environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Four-year degree plus similar experience in a firearms manufacturing environment preferred.
- Detail oriented, organized
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communications with the ability to write reports and procedures and present information in a complete, concise manner to any level of the organization.
- Strong administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and implement corrective actions.
- Service and results oriented with a sense of urgency and bias for action.
Freedom Group Family of Companies is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity and fully utilizing all human resources. It is essential to value the diversity of our employees by respecting each and every individual, valuing their uniqueness and treating them fairly.
Remington offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Don't miss the opportunity to work for the most respected name in outdoor sporting goods.
Remington - 18 months ago