Configuration Management Specialist (Mid-Level)
Creative Computing Solutions, Inc. (CCSi) is a valued solutions partner and trusted advisor to a diverse set of Federal government customers. As a fast-rising management and IT consulting firm, CCSi applies proven expertise and business methodologies to assist our customers in aligning and mobilizing every aspect of their operations and resources for their ultimate success. We bring to every engagement the disciplines prescribed by our ISO 9000, 20000, 27001, and CMMI Level 3 certifications. Our corporate mindset is that we are only successful if our customers achieve their goals and the outcomes they expect.
About the Contract: The Contractor shall provide for the continued program management support for the Defense Health Services System (DHSS) Program Executive Office (PEO). DHSS makes multi-level healthcare management information available by receiving, validating, editing, processing, aggregating, and integrating all data as a result of healthcare encounters for the military active duty, retirees, and their dependents. This information is necessary not only at the front lines of healthcare delivery at Military Treatment Facilities (MTF), but also for decision-makers in the offices of Lead Agents (LA) and at corporate levels. Corporate level includes Intermediate and Major Subordinate Commands, Unified and Specified Commands, Surgeons General, the TRICARE Management Activity (TMA) and Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense Health Affairs (OASD (HA)).
These services require DHSS to receive and process over one billion healthcare records per year from multiple sources and systems. The DHSS systems and support center provides a single location for all federally funded organizations and other Information Technology (IT) systems to receive MHS healthcare data.
Position Description: Analyzes proposed changes of product design to determine effect on overall product and system. Coordinates modification records for management control. Establishes change orders and prepares for change authorization and documentation by company and subcontractor. Prepares reports of change effect on overall product. Reviews and analyzes released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities. Ensures that customer requirements are implemented and reviews change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies.
This position supports the TMA Defense Health Services System (DHSS) Program Executive Office (PEO) by providing Configuration Management support for the following suite of DHSS products: Military Health System (MHS) Data Repository (MDR), Military Health System (MHS) MART (M2), Protected Health Information Management Tool (PHIMT), Clinical Data Mart (CDM), Purchased Care (TRICARE Encounter Data (TED)/Patient Encounter Processing and Reporting (PEPR)), Electronic Surveillance System for the Early Notification of Community-based Epidemics (ESSENCE), OKC Portal and touch labor for the infrastructure located at the Buckley Air Force Base in Denver, CO. This suite of products provides timely, accurate, and appropriate decision support information to those charged with the responsibility for managing the delivery of healthcare. The DHSS systems and support center provides a single location for all federally funded organizations and other Information Technology (IT) systems to receive MHS healthcare data.
This position provides CM support for all DHSS projects including, but not limited to: performing all CM functions (configuration identification, status accounting, configuration change management, verification and audit, and CM planning), managing and controlling product baselines, performing all technical administrative activities necessary to keep the DHSS CM tools Serena Business Manager and Version Manager operational and accessible to the DHSS PEO and DHSS contractor staff, providing administrative support for DHSS CCB meetings, and producing and distributing CM reports.
Qualifications for this position include:
Education: Bachelor’s degrees from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 6 years of professional experience; or 4 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Configuration management experience with industry standard work products and control procedures that comply with the Configuration Management (CM) requirements employed for DHSS systems to include: configuration identification, status accounting, configuration change management, verification and audit, and CM planning); version control and management to ensure a consistent and reference able project library; and traceability of all software and hardware configuration items.
- Experience managing and controlling product baselines
- Experience performing the technical administrative activities necessary to keep CM tools (Serena Business Manager and Version Manager) operational and accessible program staff and contractors. Experience sith the process of using Serena TeamTrack to update the status of Change Requests (CRs) and System Incident Reports (SIRs) that require PEO action and to provide recommendations to the Change Control Board (CCB).
- An in-depth understanding of the configuration change control process, the role of the Change Control Board, and change control documentation
- Experience managing configuration changes associated with product enhancements; Operating Systems upgrades, and patches; middleware upgrades and patches; upgrades to support tools Experience producing CM reports
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with DHSS support and supervisory staff and assure that proper communication channels remain open at all times.
- Knowledge of computers and the following software: Microsoft word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, and graphic programs.
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Demonstrated writing skills
- U.S. Citizenship
- ADPII Public Trust Clearance or the ability to obtain one
CCSi - 22 months ago
Creative Computing Solutions, Inc. (CCSi) is a valued solutions partner and trusted advisor to a diverse set of Federal government...