Title: Construction - Field Engineer IV
• Reports to Resident Engineer; Performs engineering work in the field to support construction without much supervision; interfaces with home office engineering, other disciplines; field construction experience and subcontractors; helps in planning and execution of construction work in the field; supports field procurement, system turnover and commissioning; performs other duties as required.
• Requires field assignment for extended period of time; work is performed in outside field environment, frequent walking & climbing required; may have to lift and carry small loads
• Reports to Resident Engineer in the field; should be able to perform assigned work with no direct supervision; should be able to manage a small team of construction engineers; Review/interpret engineering drawings, specifications and other design documents; understand project design basis and contractual requirements; develop construction specifications, scope of work, estimates; prepare construction work packages; write daily and weekly construction reports; perform field walk downs/inspections to review the work for conformance with the design drawings, applicable codes/standards and company policies/procedures; prepare months; red-line drawings to show as-build conditions; perform engineering activities to develop/complete design; prepare / answer Request for Information, Field Change Requests and Field Work Order Requests; good organizational skills; mentor young engineers; prepare/help in proposal preparation, cost estimation etc; proactively identify potential problems in the field; develop alternatives; arrive at optimum solution, means to mitigate problems; prepare presentations; make presentation to management/clients; work with construction QC to resolve any outstanding issue; should be able to set priorities for others; provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to younger engineers; good written and verbal communications skills; develop innovative solutions in line with business needs; apply expertise to develop new concepts, products, technologies; recommends best practices; manage cost; forecast and plan resource requirements; participate in negotiations; All engineering disciplines are included in this Job Family.
• In addition to competencies in Levels 1,2,3,4 is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization
• Provides leadership, mentoring and guidance to others
• Is a lead contributor; may participate in development of business strategy
• Progression to this level is typically restricted based on business requirements
• Has developed depth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines
• Applies expertise to the most complex problems; coordinates work outside own area of expertise
• Anticipates customer needs to influence the development of innovative solutions
• Anticipates internal/external business and regulatory issues; recommends process/product improvements
• Manages resource requirements and business needs for projects
• Anticipates problems; develops innovative solutions and ensures solutions are consistent with organizational objectives
• Develops and manages plans to achieve objectives; participates in the development of business strategy
• Presents highly complex ideas and anticipates potential objections; influences others
• Takes leadership role; acts as a facilitator and mentor.
• Typically has 10 to 25+ years of relevant experience.
High-tech Technip USA, an American subsidiary of French engineering and construction giant Technip, provides engineering and construction...