The Construction Crew Member is an active member of a team constructing quality building projects that are profitable and provide a positive construction experience for the customer. This position plays an important role in helping the construction team promote a positive attitude, set and meet goals and achieve company objectives.
- Learn, keep current with and apply the Morton Buildings’ safety and construction procedures, methods, and standards to every building, everyday
- Demonstrate the ability to read, understand and build according to construction plans
- Efficiently execute tasks needed to complete a quality building including but not limited to: digging and installing footings, framing walls and roof structures, installing windows, entry and other doors and door openings, installing various siding and roofing materials including hi-rib steel, shingles, wood and other siding materials and mortarless masonry units, finishing with metal and wood trims
- Operate construction hand tools and other specialized equipment safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Display an ability and willingness to adapt to a flexible work schedule and work in various types of weather conditions (hot and cold)
- Exhibit an ability to work in a physically demanding environment including various situations that will include high climbing and heavy lifting of objects
- Work with other crew personnel in a safe, organized, productive and enjoyable work environment treating everyone with dignity and respect
Morton Buildings, Inc. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action Company and Drug-Free Workplace
- Interest and aptitude in building construction with less than 2 years post frame construction experience
- Standard weight lifting requirements - 50 pounds, with occasional lifting up to 100 pounds.
- Building construction experience preferred (on the job or in school)
- Ability to work in a Safe manner and contribute to a safe workplace environment
- Ability to participate in and complete a 12 month training program
- Ability to produce Quality work
- Ability to work in an Efficient manner
- Ability to communication effectively – both verbal and written
- Ability to take direction
- Understand proper use and maintenance of construction tools.
Morton Buildings, Inc. - 18 months ago
Morton Buildings, Inc. operates six manufacturing plants. They are located in Morton, Illinois; Spencer, Iowa; Kenton, Ohio; Winfield,...