Shannon Construction Company a commercial general contracting company is looking for an experienced Construction Estimator/Project Manager. We have built strong relationships within the Pittsburgh Area and enjoy repeat business from our clients. We are looking for an Estimator/Project Manager who values hard work and appreciates the rewards those efforts bring. Must be able to perform take offs, estimate and manage the construction of interior renovation or ground-up projects. In return we offer a comprehensive benefits package with a competitive salary.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintains and develops effective client relationship to ensure clear and efficient communication on contractual and project expectations.
- Estimate and/or Budget project from a wide range of client communications and project plans. Able to estimate/budget for ground up and interior renovations.
- Reviews plan designs and approaches for construct-ability and compliance.
- Negotiates and administers the bidding and awarding of contracts with subs and suppliers.
- Oversees expenditures to ensure cost control of project, and works with superintendent to ensure appropriate staffing.
- Plans projects including defining client objectives, scope, specs., methods, material, timetables, staffing, contract requirements, and budget.
- Evaluates, identifies and implements new ideas, construction technologies or process, and drives for improvements on project implementation.
- Accountable for execution of service quality by maintaining highest level of delivery and implementation.
- Probes potential problems and works to resolution with Shannon team and client including informing manager of options and solutions.
- Ensures safe working environment
- Manages others on project team ensuring positive and constructive feedback. Ensure team is motivated, rewarded and coached for correction.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years experience in ground up projects and/or interior renovation projects. Preferred experience in general contracting for retail space, restaurant space, office space, and medical.
Experience in project planning from start to finish including able to manage change order process with client approvals.
- 4 years of experience as a supervisor/ manager. Can provide guidance and training to less experienced co-workers or others as assigned projects.
Strong computer literacy with Microsoft products, Estimating Software and Project software. Preferred experience with Sage project software or equivalent.
- Construction or Engineering Degree or 4 yrs of Construction project management equivalent work experience with High School Diploma or GED.
- Complete understanding and wide application of basic principles, theories, and concepts in American Building Construction Practices. Must be fluent in English, and able to work in the US.
- Preferred experience with clients in Pittsburgh Area.
Shannon Construction Company is a third generation family owned and operated firm with a history dating back to 1927. The Company is a...