This position is responsible for working with the Sales Representative Network, Key Account Managers, Sales Organization and customers to develop Installation & Maintenance Services (I&MS) opportunities, prepare job scope summaries and staffing estimates for quoting purposes and to work with existing and/or new contractors to support job site requirements for inspections and installation services for Howden products. Provide on site supervision of the workforce to insure that the project is completed on time and within budget meeting both revenue and margin expectations.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities & Deliverables
1. Oversee and direct Howden Installation & Maintenance Services to bring in projects on time and on budget, including revenue and margin requirements, while meeting customer expectations.
2. Ensure safe work practices are followed by consistently ensuring that all contractually required EH&S training is provided to all construction workers, reporting all safety incidents and near misses on a timely basis and maintaining the goal of “zero” lost time incidents.
3. Provide job scope summaries and pricing to Sales Organization in order to complete Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) for Installation & Maintenance Services work.
4. Responsible for the hiring and direction of construction sub-crews retained to complete I&MS projects at applicable sites.
5. Communicates regularly with contractors and customers on project cost, staffing, scheduling and modified specifications in order to secure the work and complete it within required specifications.
6. Responsible for adhering to the project schedule, communicating any deviations to the customer and Howden.
7. Prepare project status reports and ensure that plans and work completed adhere to contract specifications so that customer expectations are met.
8. Comply with all applicable contract specifications.
9. Ensure that all field repairs, retrofits, upgrades, inspections and installations are completed in accordance with Howden documented Engineering and Quality procedures.
10. Continually gather critical site information about Howden installed base, collecting it for the CRM system and using it to prospect for additional opportunities.
Key Performance Indicators
Revenue growth as measured by bookings
Margin protection / cost overruns
Performance KPI’s as developed by Department Manager
On time; on budget performance
Experience, Competencies and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, business, mechanical or civil engineering, or related field or equivalent related position experience.
- 10 years of direct involvement in construction management, project management or field service.
- Experience running and attending construction meetings.
- Strong estimating background and knowledgeable in the preparation of bid packages.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- High moral and ethical standards; integrity is continuously apparent.
- Strong interpersonal skills – active listener, clear and concise communicator (both oral and written); proven collaboration skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. Comfortable navigating the internet.
- Proficiency in scheduling and construction administration software such as: Microsoft Project, Prolog, Primavera and/or Expedition.
- Solid understanding of Howden’s product and service offerings and customer base.
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with customers, employees and Sales Reps.
- High moral and ethical standards; integrity must be continuously apparent.
- Strong analytical skills.
Primary Customer/Supplier Relationships
- Comfortable and effective working in the “virtual world”
- Experience with servicing highly engineered equipment and products, preferably through a sales rep. network.
- All levels of Sales organization
- Technical Services organization
Environmental Working Conditions
- Sales Reps
- A & E firms
Additional for Field:
- Computer Use
- Bending, stooping, twisting
- Lifting up to 35 lbs.
- 80% travel to locations mostly in North America
Howden - 2 years ago