In General, the Construction Manager will report to the Project General Manager and will play a key role in managing all aspects of Construction (fabrication) activities including: contract administration, scheduling, cost, quality assurance, labor and forecasting during the define and execute stages of a project while implementing a holistic view of the projects operability targets.
Initially, this role will be a functional role and report to the Director of Construction. In this role, the Construction Manager will assist with personnel movement/placement on various projects, assist in constructability reviews of projects, assist in development of construction personnel and other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Provide constructability input during Front-End Engineering, to ensure safe, efficient designs with minimum impact on operations and to ensure realistic fabrication and installation schedules.
- Assist in the identification, selection and contracting of all resources required for the execution and management of construction activities.
- Establish rigorous processes for execution, monitoring and reporting of all work against established safety, cost, schedule and performance measures.
- Identify key risks to delivery and ensure adequate risk mitigation or contingency plans are in place.
- Lead all construction and support commissioning activities, including handover to operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Extensive construction experience.
- Experience supervising or managing a major offshore construction projects.
- Experience with design phase planning and construction.
- Willingness and ability to travel offshore up to 25% of the time in order to fulfill the responsibilities of this job.
Other essential skills and knowledge
- Demonstrate high ethical conduct in areas of procurement, contracts, evaluation of contractors and all other areas associated with procurement.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Yes - up to 25%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP's Upstream segment focuses on finding reserves of oil and gas, developing the means to extract and process it and then consistently producing and transporting it to market. This involves using cutting edge technology to find the energy reserves, the ability to drill thousands of meters under the ground, designing, building and operating some of the world's largest most complex production onshore / offshore facilities and finally being able to transport these fluids, in order to provide energy to the world.
As a Project and Engineering professional within BP, you'll be exposed to an amazing breadth of opportunity and experience within a dynamic environment in which people can develop and grow. Whether it be using the latest subsea technology to access oil from the deepest oceans, building some of the worlds biggest production facilities or designing pipelines that cross several countries, we have some of the largest projects and most complex engineering challenges in the world.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
BP is an equal opportunity employer.
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of nearly 100,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 100 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future. BP's downstream operations refine, transport, sell and trade crude oil and petroleum products. In North America, we are the second-largest refiner and the second-largest fuels marketer. BP has large, modern refineries in Texas City, TX; Carson, CA; Cherry Point, WA; and Toledo, OH, These five refineries, with total capacity for processing 1.5 million barrels of crude oil every day, are part of a worldwide network of 19 BP refineries. BP's refineries produce a wide range of fuels, petrochemicals and lubricants for America's highway and rail transportation; industry; home, commercial and institutional heating; power generation, and airlines. BP has transformed: growing from a local oil company into a global energy group; employing over 96,000 people and operating in over 100 countries worldwide