Our client, a large healthcare management organization located in the Minneapolis metro area is seeking a seasoned Construction Project Manager to join their growing team. In this important role, you will work with architectural and construction teams to design, develop and implement plans for ambulatory and clinical healthcare projects in the metro area.
This position is responsible for project management activities as assigned by the Director of Design. Project management activities include the complete overall management of selected projects up to $10,000,000 in project value. The Project Manager Level II is responsible for insuring the management of the projects to satisfy the customer’s requirements maintain the project schedule and be within the established budget for the project. This person is responsible for the management of projects by managing and directing the work of others including outside design professionals, inside design professionals and CAD staff.
EDUCATION OR DEGREE REQUIRED:
RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Four year degree in Construction Management, Architectural, Mechanical Engineering or Facilities Management Required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:Individuals in this position should be able to:
- Minimum ten years construction management with a focus in healthcare, ambulatory, hospitals or clinical environments.
- Experience with managing project value from $500,000 to $10,000,000 for healthcare, ambulatory, hospital or clinical environments. The experience must include a mix of both new commercial/institutional design and renovation work.
- Proactively manage client expectations and participation.
- Communicate all phases of project status on a regular basis.
- Meet with client user groups to prepare conceptual space planning program for the project scope.
- Manage entire design and construction project cost to meet budget parameters.
- Develop project schedules, supervise the development of design documents including architectural, engineering and interior elements of those drawings.
- Develop conceptual “Whole Project” cost framework during initial space planning stage utilizing cost database information.
- Manage in-house design professionals and outside design consultants throughout entire design process from programming through construction documents.
- Support and facilitate customer (users) group project decision making process.
- Insure that required State approvals are in place for institutional projects.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationship with inside/outside design personnel as well as customer personnel.
- Resolve interdisciplinary conflicts and disputes during design and construction phases.
- Implement knowledge of project design document production to insure use of appropriate construction materials and methods.
- Provide assistance to Project Manager Level 1.