The Manager, Consulting is responsible for the performance, management, and development of an integrated client-centered syndicated analysis and consulting team. Responsible for delivering exceptional thinking and quality service on every analyses in order to create significant impact on the client’s business. To ensure these outcomes, the Manager, Consulting is integral to all aspects of the research process, from sales support through analysis and report writing. Responsible client management activities including identifying opportunities to broaden GfK’s penetration into the client’s business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create impactful reports with detailed and meaningful insights/commentary
- Presentation of data and insights internally and externally
- Handle client management relationship issues (timing, quality, and price), contract management, and new business opportunities
- Lead and participate in syndicated study management and cross-company initiatives – change management, new analytical tools, new data tool integration, etc.
- Analyze data and use a variety of tools to run cross-tabs and interrogate the data for meaningful results
- Direct and train/mentor internal staff in analysis of data, creation of impactful presentations using Fact Based Consulting principles
- Revenue – deepen client relationships, generating incremental business through discussions on business issues
- Travel to clients for presentations and meetings
Experience and Skills:
Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- 7 - 10 years of experience in the market research industry
- Familiarity with the automotive marketplace (terminology, makes/models, upcoming launches, key trends, etc.)
- Ability to interact with clients professionally on data inquiries, business issues and new business opportunities
- Ability to anticipate, quickly address and make correct decisions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with ability to present presentations confidently to mid and senior level management at clients
- Ability to create impactful graphical presentations of data in a variety of formats and frame/direct analyses
- Ability to lead a team in framing and delivering impactful presentation regarding study changes, new analytical frameworks, new research tools, integration of new data. etc.
- Experience with MS Office and common statistical packages (i.e. SPSS, etc.)
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with your experience.