Consultant: Linux and Web System Administration
ANYHOME / Dewitt, MI
Percona makes MySQL more valuable to customers and the community. Our MySQL Consulting, Support, Training, Remote DBA, and Server Development services as well as open source MySQL software help people achieve breakthrough results with MySQL.
Our MySQL Consulting and Support teams are in a class of their own. Our expertise is visible in our widely read MySQL Performance blog and our book High Performance MySQL. We also create and maintain the oldest independent version of the MySQL database server (Percona Server), the only open-source hot backup solution for MySQL (Percona XtraBackup), and many more uniquely valuable software tools such as Percona Toolkit for MySQL users.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can dream up and throw at you. Work from home, with some required travel. Great benefits, flexible hours, and a chance to be part of a company that's changing the industry.
Percona is the oldest and largest independent MySQL support and consulting company with a global, 24x7 staff of nearly 100 serving more than 2,000 customers in 50+ countries since 2006.
**You may work remotely from anywhere [[within the US]], though you will need to be able to travel occasionally to conferences, events, company meetings, and more. **
The position of Consultant - Linux & Web System Administrator will work with our global clients assisting them in day to day operational tasks, troubleshooting, and supporting their infrastructure. The consultant will be working on very diverse and complex infrastructures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Linux Administration including configuration, troubleshooting, and automation
- Troubleshooting a wide variety of performance, security, and operational issues in the LAMP Stack
- Design, analyze and implement complex Linux based systems that meet our clients requirements
- Providing customers with expert level advice and knowledge on a wide variety of infrastructure topics
- Develop Backend tools that help meet our customers needs
- Participate in OnCall rotation
- Keep Customer Documentation up to date
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in written form, technical information with a wide variety of individuals and groups
- 4 or more years experience as a system administrator in a Linux Environment
- 4 or more years experience in building, configuring and troubleshooting cloud based servers
- Ability to analyse and work in a clients entire stack from Hardware to Code
- Knowledge of hardware and software installation, testing, and operation; knowledge of application of computer software for automating highly diverse agency/organization activities
- Detailed knowledge and the ability to configure, tune, and troubleshoot multiple web servers & Application servers for instance Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd, Tomcat, Jboss, Node.js, etc
- Detailed knowledge and the ability to configure, tune, and troubleshoot multiple NoSQL and SQL Databases for instance MongoDB, Hadoop, Redis, Cassandra, Postgres, MysQL
- Detailed knowledge and the ability to configure, tune, and troubleshoot multiple 3rd party software packages for instance Drupal, Wordpress, Magento, Joolma, OS Commerce, etc.
- Detailed knowledge and the ability to setup and build automation tools/scripts/recipes with tools like Chef and Puppet
- Ability to read and help troubleshoot code in multiple languages like Ruby, PHP, Perl, Python
- Knowledge of teleprocessing and telecommunications architecture
Percona - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard