The Consultant will be responsible for data collection, chain of custody documentation, evidence handling and use of forensic and data mining tools. The Consultant will also assist with other lab-based tasks including data recovery, forensic investigations, password cracking and eDiscovery consulting.
• On-site collection of data at client facilities from servers, desktops, laptops, cell phones, tablets and removable media.
• Verify, analyze and transfer secure data sets from field investigations.
• Extract business documents from forensics images.
• Perform forensic investigations as needed.
• Reconstruct, convert and repair mail stores to facilitate email review.
• Utilize off-the-shelf and proprietary data collection, analysis, and reporting tools.
• Analyze and deploy best practices applicable to the handling and analysis of electronic evidence.
• Participate in the development of customer proposals.
• Assist in the development of white-papers, published reports, and articles relevant to the field of electronic discovery and reconstruction.
• Develop tools and methodologies to incorporate into current workflow.
• Provide assistance to other e-discovery business segments as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of two years of professional experience.
• A strong understanding of Windows based systems including installing, troubleshooting, and
networking. Mac, Linux and UNIX experience a plus.
• A strong understanding of and comfort with computer hardware, cell phones, and tablets.
• Knowledge of SQL, VB or other programming languages preferred.
• Demonstrable subject matter expertise in Email server environments, such as MS Exchange and Lotus Notes.
• An understanding of electronic storage technology (hard disk, tape backup, flash memory, etc).
• Familiarity with EnCase, Forensic Toolkit (FTK), Cellebrite and/or open source (Linux) forensic tools such as LinEN.
• Experience in computer forensics, litigation support, information systems or other
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer