The Consultant will work to build skills in various aspects of our consulting business, deliver client projects, and participate in practice development assignments and recruiting efforts. It will be important that the Consultant be proficient at establishing credibility with all levels of client staff as an Advisory Services expert, trusted advisor and agent of change.
The Consultant will be required to:
- Effectively analyze clients’ business and organizational issues in assigned areas
- Demonstrate experience in gathering data, structuring analysis, synthesizing results and presenting conclusions and recommendations.
- Conduct effective on-going communications with client; builds peer client relationships.
- Apply appropriate analytic tools and techniques to develop and synthesize fact base.
- Participate in developing storyboards for client documents.
- Develop a body of work/engagement experience in assigned area.
- Identify project issues and contributes to work structuring efforts.
- Clearly articulate information and answers in team and client meetings, including delivering portions of presentations.
- Provide coaching and guidance to junior team members.
- Contributes to the success of the organization by helping others accomplish job results; learning new skills needed by the team; finding new ways to help the team.
- The position requires the time commitment and travel to be expected with serving clients across many cities.
Education & Experience
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- 2-5 years of work experience at a well-known consulting or professional services firm.
- Experience in external reporting & consolidation and close are a plus.
- Experience in one or more functional disciplines within CPG Manufacturing, Wholesale/Distribution, and/or Retail, and/or across multiple industry players.
- Understands analytical tools (e.g. process analysis, fishbone, metric trees, ABC, driver models, NPV, IRR, and DCF).
- Experience gathering data, structuring analysis, synthesizing results and presenting conclusions and recommendations.
- Excellent quantitative/qualitative analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Confident and content to operate with credibility above his/her level both within PRGX and in client organizations.
- High intelligence and intellectual curiosity; eager to learn with a high level of energy.
- Articulate, analytical (with attention to detail), and a self-starter with strong follow through.
- High impact oral and written communications/presentation skills.
- Team player who is able to work with a variety of personalities and juggle multiple sources of direction.
- Responds well to ambiguity, with the ability to bring structure and insight to undefined situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to remain stationary; move; lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee must regularly sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based upon race, color, national origin, genetic information, religious beliefs, gender, age, disability, U.S. veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as required by federal, state and local laws.