Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 1,200 professionals in 42 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, Canada. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
PCG is currently seeking a Consultant to work in our Fort Lauderdale office. For the right motivated individual, there is an excellent opportunity for career development and advancement. consultants work in a deadline-oriented, fast paced environment as part of a growing team consisting of consulting and operations staff. This position revolves around technology, policy and financial management functions. consultants are vital in achieving stated business objectives. Responsibilities include leading current projects and working with project managers to develop new business in a fast-paced and demanding environment. The team's goal is to provide superior service to large school districts in the areas of special education management systems, data warehousing, federal claiming, and other school based revenue programs. consultants play a key role in assisting in the development of the firm's growing Education Services practice area.
- Prepare parts of written status reports for clients.
- Assist proposal teams, including writing sections, coordinating efforts, and preparing proposal submissions.
- Lead clients through implementation and training processes for our web-based technologies.
- Prepare materials for training seminars and sales presentations.
- Present at conferences/seminars.
- Provide assistance in managing complex projects and/or producing sophisticated deliverables.
- Serve as an internal consultant to other projects or product lines.
- Serve as a key contact for ongoing communications with clients.
- Work on complex IT projects and in database management systems to organize and store.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with local school districts and their teachers.
- Hire, train and supervise staff.
- Data processing and analysis.
- Present parts of status reports in meetings.
- Assist with preparation of other written reports and materials for clients.
- Other responsibilities as necessary.
- Commitment to exceptional client service and confidently lead.
- Creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mindset.
- Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
- Ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients.
- Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to move multiple projects forward within a specific timeline and budget while working at a detailed level.
- Strong analytical and financial data analysis skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work with large data sets with accurate results.
- Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
- Ability to recognize issues and identify solutions.
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Solid organization and time management skills.
- Research and project management capabilities.
- Demonstrated expertise in MS Office products, particularly PowerPoint, Access, Excel and Word
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience of several subordinate preferred.
- School system experience in the areas of administration, information technology, and finance or business operations is highly desirable.
- Proven project management background and experience (PMP certification is a plus).
- Medicaid claiming, schools (K-12) and/or special education experience a plus.
PCG is an EEO, AA, VEVRAA employer.
Public Consulting Group - 10 months ago