In this role, the Project Manager (PM) oversees the implementation and deployment of complex enterprise software solutions. The PM will matrix-manage a team of consultants through the delivery of solutions across all phases and milestones of a project. Project Managers may be responsible for managing multiple projects simultaneously and will actively participate as a consultant on the team. The expertise and work effort primarily focuses on identifying and understanding key customer problems and requirements; creating functional and technical designs; and installing, configuring, customizing, and integrating enterprise software into existing customer environments.
- Provide daily direction to project teams; create and manage overall project work plan and work effort; prepare status reports on all project activities
- Achieve a high level of customer satisfaction through careful planning, creative problem solving, solid expectations management, and effective relationship development
- Estimate work effort, timelines, skills, and quantity of resources required to successfully complete project deliverables; develops project plan incorporating all project variables
- Establish project success criteria pertaining to quality, performance, ROI, timeline, and budget
- Lead weekly status meetings with customers and team to assess progress against plan
- Contribute to company growth through the creation and sharing of knowledge, lessons learned, and best practices based on project experiences
- Perform activities associated with the management of the project team which may include: establishing goals, monitoring performance, and providing individual performance input to Practice Manager
- In addition to working on billable client projects, the Project Manager may also assist as needed on pre-sales activities such as requirements gathering, preparing Statements of Work, and delivering proposals
- Requires solid functional and technical knowledge of enterprise software applications as well as SDLC methodologies
- Ability to identify, understand, and analyze complex customer problems; ability translate customer needs into detailed requirements; ability to design and build solutions that address customer needs
- Strong communication skills with the ability to drive multiple simultaneous projects to completion on-time and within budget and deal with delicate issues concerning budget, time, and quality
- Must be able to engage in technical discussions with clients and internal team about project requirements and challenges and drive resolution; requires familiarity with:
- Operating systems including Windows, Unix, and Linux
- Databases including SQL, Oracle and DB2
Minimum of 5 years (8 years preferred) of Project Management experience through full SDLC of enterprise software applications
Previous client management, consulting, or systems integration experience is a strong plus; experience in matrix management; experience deploying or integrating with Siebel, Clarify, Kana, Talisma, or other CRM applications will be useful; experience with natural language products, enterprise search technologies, or knowledge management systems is a plus (Knova/Kanisa, ATG/Primus, InQuira, Verity, Endeca, RightNow, etc.)
Bachelors degree(s) (or equivalent) desired; PMI certification is a strong plus
Office Location: KANA's US headquarters is located in Sunnyvale, CA and there are office locations in Overland Park, KS and Chicago, IL. US location is flexible and KANA provides a generous home office arrangement if applicable. For this position we are looking for candidates in the Denver metro area.
KANA Total Rewards: KANA offers a highly competitive total rewards compensation and benefits package including a very competitive commission program.
KANA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KANA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.