As the world's leading insurance broker and risk advisor, Marsh is devoted to finding the opportunity in risk. Companies look to us to help them navigate the daunting global risk landscape, seeing risks others don't and unlocking opportunities others can't. With 23,000 employees and annual revenues approaching $5 billion Marsh serves more clients in more industries worldwide than any firm in our industry. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team.
We are seeking a Safety and Health Consultant in our Workforce Strategies Practice. This consultant must be able to provide effective delivery or proposal of valued service for clients and prospects and be responsible for managing client projects.
Specific Key Requirements and Responsibilities:
The Risk Consultant must be able to develop and implement safety, regulatory and best practice strategies and programs for our clients. The primary responsibilities include:
- Consult with clients to understand their needs and objectives
- Develop custom solutions and advise clients on best practices in risk management strategies
- Implement programs using generally accepted project management and consulting practices
- Conduct management and employee training sessions for clients as needed
- Perform audits/assessments at client sites
- Develop/manage relationships with insurance carrier and vendor partners
- Grow consulting services business and drive client retention through participation in sales presentations and high level client service
- Directs and/or reviews analysis of client needs, develops project outlines, and recommends suitable approaches or options to consider.
- Uses advanced facilitative and diagnostic skills to assist clients in the articulation of complex problems.
- Work with clients to demonstrate ROI as a result of our consulting deliverable (i.e.) increase productivity, improve operating cost margin, reduction of injury employee injury costs and frequency
- High degree of self-motivation and discipline
- Ability to travel and work beyond normally scheduled workweek as necessary
- Actively uncovers concerns or issues that may be unclear to the client.
- Arrange for and lead client implementation teams, suggest key performance indicators, and reviews results.
- Performs peer and senior reviews, confirms client expectations, and monitors client satisfaction of deliverables and services.
- Respect and maintain client confidentiality.
- Promote, facilitate or enhance the continuous risk improvement methodology.
- Develop and assist with implementation of general safety, ergonomics, and fleet programs
- Develop and deliver general safety training
- Evaluate safety programs, processes and strategies to prevent injuries
- Enhances the development and application of objective criteria for measuring important processes.
- Direct the development of new approaches of applying processes and technologies.
- Assures that project budget and changes are developed and managed profitably.
- Assures the project pricing and resources are appropriate.
- Responsible for the development and securing of complex client service agreements.
- Complies with company policy and procedures for timekeeping, expense reporting and billing.
- Develops and effectively delivers highly visible, complex written and oral communications, such as proposals, technical concepts, deliverables, and industry view points
- Influential in establishing appropriate internal and external business goals and overall strategies needed to attain these goals.
- Identifies loss exposures, cost drivers and development of cost reduction measures
- Assures best practices and resources in a specialty area with identified business need.
- Complies with and can be influential in developing professional standards and best practices.
- Forms observations and recommendations from balance sheets, 10-k's and other financial tools.
- Develops new and expanded business opportunities.
- Coordinates business development activities (e.g. seminars, mailings, etc.).
- Directs, reviews, or applies research (e.g. reviews annual report, financial data, benchmarking, etc) for business development purposes.
- Utilize and develop spheres of influence to develop new and expanded business.
- Minimum 6+ years of relevant experience required
- Bachelors Degree in Safety, Environmental, Engineering, or related discipline
- Completion of Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial
- Hygienist (CIH), Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE) or other relevant safety certifications preferred
- Practical or General Industry experience preferred
- Workers’ Compensation experience and knowledge preferred
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers
Marsh & McLennan Companies - 20 months ago