Implement FIRST early psychosis programs, consult with provider agencies and mental health and recovery boards, provide community outreach, develops policies and procedures, develop clinical enhancements to the FIRST programs, provide technical support to the agencies and mental health and recovery boards. Conduct research and tracks clinical outcomes, service, utilization, fiscal data, and data regarding medication in order to build a business case.
Principal Functional Responsibilities
1) Under the direction of the supervising FIRST Consultant and Trainer, implement FIRST Episode Psychosis programs at partner agencies.
2) Provide consultation to FIRST teams and attend team and individual supervision meetings to coordinate services and ensure fidelity to the model. Consent individuals for research and track clinical, fiscal, and service utilization outcomes.
3) Conduct outreach education to gatekeeper populations, consumers, family members and the general public on early symptoms of schizophrenia related mental disorders to stimulate referrals to the program and educate the public on early identification of psychosis. Conduct professional presentations about research outcomes related to the early psychosis programs
4) Coordinate with BeST Center staff, consultants, and other academic associates to develop research to obtain data that leads to the development of the business case and assessment of clinical programmatic impact.
5) Provide education and informational training events with appropriate materials to all stakeholders. Provide in-person initial and ongoing administrative consultation that includes reviewing relevant policies, procedures, and productivity standards that require modification to remove barriers and facilitate faithful implementation.
6) Perform other duties as assigned
• In-depth understanding of mental illness
• The capacity to provide educational training and consultation
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability and understanding of research needed to develop business case
• Ability to work with diverse groups of people
• Observes all rules of confidentiality as they relate to clinical information, both internally and in dealing with outside individuals and/or agencies
• Responsible for being knowledgeable about rights of individuals served and procedures governing them
Key Skills and Personal Characteristics
Education/Degrees: Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in Social Work, Counseling or psychology.
Experience: Two to four years of experience in the mental health field.
Key Skills and Personal Characteristics:
• Ability to interact professionally with health-care practitioners, clinicians, and public.
• Ability to provide presentations to the general public and stakeholders
• Excellent written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to set clear objectives.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
• Knowledge of mental illness terminology.
• Willingness to travel.
• Ability to use appropriate computer applications.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
Licensure as a social worker, counselor, or psychologist
NEOMED - 19 months ago