**This role is responsible for maintaining system architecture supporting the Finance suite of applications in Enterprise Applications Finance IT BSA . Ideal candidate would have:
8 to 10 years of Information Technology experience
Demonstrated expertise in multiple architectural domains and various technologies
Experience in one or more of the following:
- ETL - Informatica or other products
- Java / JEE, VB, .Net Websphere/Weblogic
- BPM / Business Rules technologies like IBM BPM, Pega Rules,
Vendor / Contract Management / Supply Chain Management - Peoplesoft / Emptoris or any other product experience is a plus but NOT must have
Extensive knowledge of technology and IT market trends
Ability to make decisions and recommendations on technology strategies while considering various options and business needs
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Experience with implementing and maintaining Vendor Packaged solutions
Awareness of insurance and financial services industries and preferably good Finance business acumen **
JOB SUMMARY: Serves as expert in IT systems architecture. Undertakes complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge. Makes well thought-out decisions on complex or ambiguous IT architecture issues. Coordinates with users to determine requirements. Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. Establishes and communicates common goal and direction for team. Acts as a resource for direction, training, and guidance for less experienced staff. Monitors projects schedules and costs.
1. Develops overall architecture approach for all layers of a solution. Coordinates user needs with department and system capability. Manages projects through implementation to ensure successful completion.
2. Assesses infrastructures and applications and recommend solutions for upgrading the infrastructure and application to meet business needs.
3. Conducts the investigation, planning, coordination, and preparation of feasibility studies relative to new computer-based systems and modifications to existing systems.
4. Evaluates systems proposals from an architectural perspective, including feasibility, practicality, technical viability, and consistency.
5. Within the One IT Community, participates with other areas on special assignments as they affect computer-based systems.
6. Understands, uses, and articulates reference architecture.
7. Understands, uses, and articulates solution delivery framework.
8. Sets agenda and establishes priorities for self and team.
9. Attends industry conferences and monitors industry publications and electronic information and develops communications that interpret the impact of events to Nationwide's technology direction.
10. Monitors industry trends to ensure the technology architecture is current with industry standards and new technology implementation.
11. Acts as a subject-matter expert in a particular domain or solution. Serves as consultant to senior management and senior IT staff on IT programs and long-term systems strategies.
12. Participates in technology strategy direction with the OCTO
13. Through consultation, influences development of technical architecture and specifications for internal systems.
14. May provide administrative support to the Director as required, including but not limited to the development of project planning, creation of management control reports and representation at meetings.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate degree in areas related to Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Mathematics preferred. Prefer BS or BA and/or product-related technical insurance course work (CPCU, CPU, LOMA). Technical certifications preferred.
Experience: Eight years minimum experience in Information Technology field.
Knowledge: Must have proven knowledge in information technology architecture components, principles, procedures and practices. Must have proven knowledge in information design, controls and audit methodology for business systems and data processing environments. Must have a broad knowledge in information technology trends. Must have a detailed familiarity with applicable operating systems. Must have an in-depth understanding in insurance and financial services business models and operations. Proven knowledge of project management concepts and techniques required.
Skills/Competencies: Must have demonstrated expertise in systems analysis, design and computer programming, including current technologies. Working knowledge of the software development cycle. Knowledge of relational databases required. Demonstrated knowledge of project management concepts and techniques required. Understanding of customer business environment. Competency in intranet/internet technologies preferred. Proven leadership skills with the ability to work with technical teams including virtual teams. Must have the ability to work with technology vendors in the delivery of project solutions. Must have a breadth of understanding of technology and IT market trends. Must have strong oral and written communication skills. Must have the ability to make decisions and recommendations on technology strategies. Occasional travel. Non-standard or extended work may be required based on project needs.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: Vice President and HR Officer
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Associates may have on-call responsibility after normal working hours and/or on weekends.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company - 14 months ago