This position will develop and execute strategic initiatives designed to drive sales productivity across the state of Alabama. This position is responsible for developing and driving projects and initiatives from the inception through execution.
This position is a decision making role and works closely with the sales field and South Area marketing management to ensure regional sales strategy in successfully developed and executed in a consistent and timely manner.
oPlans to include retail store activity and sponsorship development
- Seek new opportunities to maximize VZW presence and ROI at sponsorships and “Grass Roots” marketing events.
- Develop market-specific marketing programs to drive targeted market share growth
o Measure results based on market penetration targets
o Manage sponsorship request, review and approval process
- Maintain sponsorships/trade budget, regional “grass roots” marketing discretionary dollars
- Track Return Investment – implement tracking process to ensure a successful investment based specific, provided targets. Enable the ability to make educated recommendations/evaluations
- Implement and develop a sponsorship program for the state of Alabama
o Maintain all on-going sponsorship partnerships and evaluate ROI
o Project management equipment and service trade agreements
o Manage event on-site teams to maximize exposure
o Negotiate and identify all sponsorship opportunity elements
- On site visits – visit sponsorship properties; build relationships with Alabama sponsorship contacts
o Seek additional sponsorship element opportunities within existing contract and/or budget
o Grand openings, Store events, radio remotes and local sponsorship execution
- Create and support retail channel initiatives to include, but not limited to:
o Vertical plan, identifying and implement trade shows/events and advertising
- Develop and execute marketing initiatives for the B2B channel
o Existing account support – National and Major accounts
- Manage Alabama calendar of all recurring grass roots events
- Partner with regional PR department to manage and maximize community involvement
- Support regional events, demo days, data days, customer appreciation events, grand openings and store moves.
5+ years of combined sales/sales management/marketing background experience
2+ years of local marketing and/or sponsorship activation experience
Ability to manage highly complex cross-functional projects/initiatives
Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
Proven success in contract negotiations
Excel, Word, PowerPoint and database proficiency
M.B.A. or relevant advanced certifications
Relevant experience in the telecommunications or wireless industry
Proven success in the strategy planning and execution preferred
Knowledge of media terminology and elements
Knowledge of Enterprise Billing System (Vision)
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Verizon Wireless - 2 years ago
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...