The .Net Architect Lead coordinates and manages a team of development resources to enforce process and review output of developers to ensure predictability and quality of deliverables. The Lead will have full responsibility for all data access layer activity and will work closely with the Database Architect and Analysts. The candidate should have an excellent understanding of object oriented programming and programming principles, experience designing and developing end-to-end enterprise software solutions in a preferably Agile/Lean development environment.
The person should have 7+ years of leading web design development utilizing the following:
The individual must have demonstrated capability to mentor and lead team members in the design, development, implementation, and support of Web based development solutions
A .Net Architect Lead will provide key problem resolution direction for production systems as needed. Is required to develop an understanding of services provided by HCA, IT&S and to develop relationships throughout the organization to assist in accomplishing its goals for the company. Individual will strategically design, construct, and implement software in a Lean Development environment. This includes selecting, gathering requirements for, designing, and implementing solutions for consumers throughout the enterprise. The candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter and must be committed to delivering high quality solutions within agreed upon timelines.
Lead on-shore and off-shore development teams on project/product releases.
Direct quality measures for department deliverables
- Actively lead, direct, and participate in complex design and development assignments
- Thoroughly understand assigned applications and system architecture
- Conduct research for understanding of new industry technologies as needed.
- Lead and manage multiple project tasks at a time.
- Consistently deliver according to commitments and project plan dates.
- Coordinate team work activities and lead/mentor team members to produce defined deliverables.
- Define and communicate the work assignments and completion criteria to team members, clarify work expectations, monitor activities and report on status
- Delegate tasks for effective delivery of solutions
- Collaborate with business analysts on project requirements.
- Write technical specifications and provide detailed documentation of work.
- Accurately estimate assigned project tasks
- Develop software to HCA standards.
- Conduct peer reviews of development work completed by team members
- Consistently deliver according to commitments and project plan dates
- Perform unit and functional testing of own code thoroughly.
- Build strong relationships within the department and company, including business owners.
Oversee and participate in the day-to-day support and maintenance activities.
- Understand assigned applications and system architecture
- Lead troubleshooting activities
- Work on assignments involving the use of various technologies both old and new.
- Develop software with a focus on delivering reusable code.
- Mentor other engineers on the applications and system architecture.
- Complete assignments on time.
- Work as part of a team and work independently.
- Direct the performance of simple, moderate and complex programming assignments within the department
- Provide after hours/on-call support as needed
7-10 years Relevant Work Experience
Other preferred/required experience:
3+ years experience in one or more of the following:
- Management Work Experience
- College Graduate Preferred
5+ year experience in one or more of the following:
HCA Inc - 14 months ago