Opportunity Assessments (OA) PMO Managers are responsible for planning and executing Huron's integrated opportunity assessments (3 or solutions is scope). This includes managing overall completion of appropriate solution analysis in order to ascertain combined financial and operational opportunity and coordinating solution input for compelling presentations and proposals required to sell an engagement to a prospective client. OA PMO Managers interact with a wide range of client executives and personnel as well as with a wide variety of Huron employees. OA PMO Managers must demonstrate a thorough understanding of Huron's business and service lines and the relationships between the lines. The OA Manager is responsible for facilitating the development of a new project management methodology that addresses the needs of an integrated assessment and transitions to implementation. OA PMO Managers are also responsible for leading OA methodology/functional development and improvement. OA Managers also have the responsibility for coaching and mentoring analysts and associates and helping them to develop by creating meaningful roles and providing necessary direction and coaching.
Manage to assessment budget and manage resource utilization and efficiency with quality deliverables and outcomes
Direct data management / processing and production of final deliverables
- Leads and focuses team efforts in completing all onsite and off-site assessment-related activities, including resource utilization.
- Manages the work plan for OA projects and initiatives. Allocates resources to meet client needs, financial objectives and personnel development needs.
- Adapts methodologies to typical and complex situations, circumstances and new requirements
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate with team and multiple levels of both Huron and client personnel
- Participates in the presentation of assessment results to Huron executives, and often, to executives of prospective clients.
- Requires strong organizational skills and proactively to manage concurrent client assignments
- Has expert knowledge in two or more OA components and solid knowledge in all remaining components.
- Assists with budgeting, expenses, invoices, and other project administration activities and manages the level of effort to the budget and drives efficiency gains wherever possible and opportunity for streamlined, but impactful processes exist.
- Participates in company workgroups and management team forums to develop new methodology, tools, and company policies
- Assists with sales activities (e.g., tool demonstrations), as required
- Stays current on industry and healthcare trends
Develop human resources
- Leads and focuses team efforts in data gathering and analysis by ensuring efficient data collection, instructing on analytical choices and formulating conclusions and recommendations
- Compiles assessment summary data and is responsible for drafting presentations and proposals for Huron executives, including benefit projections, proposed scope and Huron staffing.
- Understands solution vendor relationships and data utilization to manage process of providing data, ensuring data is accurate and managing timelines within the construct of the overall client assessment timeline.
- Has a solid understanding of all modules and functionality of client IS systems.
- Evaluates performance of subordinates within area of responsibility.
- Creates an effective work environment setting a positive tone, establishing performance expectations, and driving accountability through motivation
- Provides career coaching to assigned coachees outside of projects, if applicable.
- Effectively directs, coaches, motivates and evaluates staff on engagements. Provides performance information for inclusion into annual performance process.
- Proactively addresses and documents performance issues
- Encourages team members to stay current on industry issues.
- Ensures compliance with Huron administrative policies by staff
Ability and willingness to travel 50-80% with typical work schedule of travel Monday thru Thursday and then working from home office on Friday . Travel is scheduled but not fixed; i.e. not traveling every week. As such, our consultants can live anywhere in the lower 48 states as long as they are near a major airport
- BS/BA degree required . A MBA or a Master’s degree in Health or Hospital Administration is highly preferred.
- 6+ years relevant experience including a minimum of 3 years' experience with either hospital/healthcare system operations or consulting firm ( preferred ) knowledge and experience is required . Relevant experience would include labor productivity, hospital supply chain/purchasing/GPO, revenue cycle, clinical operations (case management/patient progression), physician practice management, etc.). Experience with a healthcare payor/insurance company or IT PMO focus is not relevant.
- Analytical (problem solving, quantitative, work flow process, etc.). Ability to perform advanced data analysis. Financial analysis experience is desirable.
- Requires use of independent judgment, discretion and decision making abilities. Must possess negotiation, presentation, selling, customer service and interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and persuade clients.
- Requires ability to work in team environment, be creative and mentor and train others.
- Advanced English language skills (reading, writing and comprehension).
- Personal Computer skills (Excel, Word, Windows, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office).
Huron Consulting - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Huron Consulting was founded in 2001 by Zvi Flanders, ACC, MCP, ACE. Taking the wealth of knowledge obtained from 12 years as IT manager at...