The Consulting Delivery Manager is responsible for management of our core consulting team and will ensure the professional delivery of consulting services to our diverse world wide client base. This position is ultimately responsible for the day to day operations of the consulting team and will report to the Vice President of Consulting. |
- Monitor and measure on utilization, quality and billing KPI°s for the consulting team
- Recruit, onboard, manage, mentor, and develop consultants
- Ensure resources are properly deployed and used
- Work with consultants to build their skill sets
- Manage our consulting delivery capacity
- Work with team leads to define technical direction and processes
- Identify and assist in capitalizing on changes in the open source database market
- Assist in the revenue forecasting for scheduled consulting work
- Define and own the delivery processes for our consulting packages and services
- Contribute to the development of strategic goals and planning of the Consulting Practice
* Note this position can be remote (so yes you can work from anywhere), but will require travel to company meetings. events, and offices.
- Experience working with a virtually distributed and diverse workforce
- Prior experience in managing a technical consulting team
- Experience with database or system administration teams and practices
- Experience with MySQL
- Ability to think outside the box and move quickly to make decisions
- Strong Leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor others
- Take charge approach to projects and assignments
- Metrics driven approach to new products and initiatives
- Strong Communication skills
- Ability to travel extensively when required ( 25-50% )
- Technical background in LAMP Stack
- Prior project management experience
- Proven ability to design and deliver tools to help the delivery of services
- 5+ years leading a team of 8+ people
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can dream up and throw at you. Work from home, with some required travel. Great benefits, flexible hours, and a chance to be part of a company that°s changing the industry.
Percona provides expert consulting, support, training, and services for MySQL and LAMP stack environments. We are a family-friendly, bootstrapped company that ’s privately owned, with no plans to go public or be acquired. This makes Percona feel very different from many high-tech companies. It means we ’re working hard to succeed, but at the same time, success means we all benefit — not just a few people at the top. We believe in compensating people according to their contribution to the company. We work from home, interacting through Skype, IRC, and email. Once a year we have an all-company meeting, including family members, children and significant others. We frequently get together in small groups at conferences or for business meetings.
At Percona, we focus on our customers° and users° needs. We°re making the world a better place through open-source projects such as XtraDB and Maatkit. We believe that knowledge wants to be free.
Percona - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard