Consulting Software Engineer - Web Development
Alpharetta, GA or Boca Raton, FL or Dayton, OH
As a senior level software engineer, you will develop new tools for our HPCC Systems Analytics products. You will design a framework for the new toolset and then implement the framework. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to engage with HPCC Systems customers directly to support and customize the platform.
Technical skills and experience you must have:
2-4 years ECL** development experience
4+ years of Java development experience
Web development experience
Visual Drag and Drop experience a plus
**ECL (Enterprise Control Language) is the powerful programming language that is ideally suited for the manipulation of Big Data ( http://hpccsystems.com/FAQ/what-is-ecl )
1. Recommends technical strategy and direction in area(s) of expertise. Participates in development and evolution of architecture.
2. Determines feasibility of customer requirements and designs solutions, builds and integrates the implementation.
3. Proactively researches and monitors emerging technologies and advancements in the area of expertise; recommends innovative and effective solutions based on advanced research and analysis of findings.
4. Builds new high level/advanced designs as required.
5. Communicates technical information successfully with technical and non technical audiences such as third party vendors, external customer technical departments, various levels of management and other relevant parties.
6. Maintains an understanding of current industry trends through various sources such as webinars, vendor seminars training sessions, etc. Communicates and presents to recognized authority figures and proactively influences and educates members of technical and managerial staff on technology issues and recommendations.
7. Develops plans and procedures and establishes guidelines for overall system improvement.
8. Acts as a senior source of expertise and mentors less experienced staff on all aspects of multiple system environments, software and system operations.
9. Leads medium and large technical development teams to successful implementation of quality code products.
10. Coordinates and allocates work assignments effectively to technical staff as appropriate.
11. Remains current on industry standards and advances within area of expertise.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Masterâ€™s degree or equivalent technical experience
2. 7+ years experience in full lifecycle development process including advanced design, development, testing and implementation of advanced and complexity systems.
3. Ability to lead major technical project design, and engineering implementation.
4. Ability to lead medium to large technical teams some of which may exists in other geographical location including advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, management of multiple projects at the same time.
5. Excellent verbal and written communications skills to be able to communicate and present information to various parties including groups outside of Engineering with Product Management, Sales and external customers and various levels of management.
6. Ability to conduct advanced research and work through highly complex problems successfully and reach optimal solutions.
7. Advanced knowledge and understanding of large complex systems within the functional area.
8. Ability to effectively mentor and train various levels of technical staff.
NA-USA-FL-Boca Raton, NA-USA-OH-Dayton
Boca Raton, Florida
Boca Raton, FL
LexisNexis - 16 months ago
Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers...