European L/S Consumer Portfolio Manager is seeking to add a junior analyst in Chicago on his team.
- Supporting as analyst to Portfolio Manager
- Primarily building and maintaining detailed company financial models from scratch
- Supporting in financial statement analysis, cash flows, balance sheets, etc
- Using a variety of valuation tools and methodologies to create fair value opinions of companies modeled
- Conducting deep fundamental work and channel checks
- Communication with industry and sell-side contacts
Candidate must have one of the following backgrounds:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred. Majors in Finance, Mathematics and/or Physics a plus.
- Experience in auditing / advising / analyzing companies in the consumer or media space preferred
- Must have strong modeling skills: Focus will be predominantly on international companies hence candidate should be conversant with IAS
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Accountant, who has qualified for CPA/PY with one of the Big 4 Accounting firms
- Investment banking analyst at top-tier firm
- 3-5 years experience in sell-side research team
Balyasny - 20 months ago