Work Location: Waverly, IA
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Consumer Sales Representative
Hours: 8 hour shift between 7am-7pm (rotating weekends)
Compensation: Base + Incentive
1. Efficiently and effectively handle incoming telephone calls from credit union members, with the ability to follow CUNA Mutual’ s sales process to assess and identify insurance needs for credit union members. Specific focus on needs base selling practices.
2. Provide technical sales insight and explain complex insurance product information to credit union members.
3. Use problem solving skills to identify problems or situations and recommendations for resolution.
4. Ability to track member inquiries and follow-up timely to credit union member requests for information. This may include the creation of product quotes and applications.
5. Provide product information, product coverage, and premium quotes with a high degree of accuracy.
6. Efficiently and effectively handle inbound and outbound calls to and from customers in a professional customer focus manner for other lines of business.
7. Take responsibility to act in a customer focused manner with team members and other departments in order to contribute to a positive work environment. Interact with a spirit of cooperation and flexibility, exchange ideas and information, effectively handle conflict, develop and share process improvements.
8. Assist with other project or other assignments as needed.
1. Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Insurance, or Business, Communications, Advertising, and/or Marketing or equivalent trade-off in related sales work experience
2.Minimum of 1+ years sales experience in a target oriented environment, particularly closing skills
3. Demonstration of effective verbal & written communication skills, listening skills, and telephone skills.
4. Proficiency with mainframe and PC based computer systems to include Windows applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
5. Demonstration of the ability to work effectively in a team environment and deliver personal and team sales targets via previous work assignments.
***Incumbents are required to acquire necessary resident and non-resident state insurance licenses within 60 days of being awarded this position. Maintain active status of licenses through continuing education credits as required by law. CUNA Mutual will cover the costs to obtain state and non-resident licenses.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 1-3 years
Area of Interest(s): Underwriting, Product, Sales, Sales Operations
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: MML20132607-30128
CUNA Mutual Group - 4 months ago