Consumer Travel Counselor - Travel Service Office - Boston, MA-1211832
What is it that differentiates an exceptional travel planning experience from a bad one? At American Express Travel, we believe it’s the people.
The American Express Consumer Travel Network (CTN) is actively seeking Travel Counselors that can combine their passion for selling travel with a customer service-focused approach. We strive to create life-long advocates of our company, while offering unlimited earning potential to our sales force. Our Counselors act as consultants, tailoring our products and services to create a unique and memorable vacation experience.
We believe our customer’s vacation begins from the moment they walk through our doors. We want extraordinary Travel Counselors to meet those expectations – and then surpass them – by creating travel experiences of a lifetime.
Are you extraordinary? If so, please apply online today.
To learn more, click on www.americanexpress.com/careers
BENEFITS - (Based on individual elections)
American Express is an equal opportunity employer.
- Competitive salary;
- Exceptional cash incentive bonus programs and recognition programs;
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (Day 1);
- Generous vacation and vacation purchase plan;
- 401(k) WITH company match of 5% after 6 months;
- Excellent growth opportunity such as; paid training programs, tuition assistance, and ongoing Travel Counselor education;
- Legal assistance, pet insurance, life and disability insurance;
- Medical and dependent care reimbursement programs;
- Domestic partner benefits.
Our Travel Counselors must have a passion for service, the ability to show empathy and a deep love for unique travel experiences. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
- A minimum of 1 year experience selling leisure travel is preferred; cruise and tour experience is a plus
- Extensive domestic and international destination knowledge is a MUST, along with strong personal travel experience
- Computer reservations experience required, SABRE is preferred but not required
- Candidate must possess strong consultative selling skills and show the ability to listen to the customer’s needs by offering appropriate recommendations
- Must have a proven ability to close the sale and cross-sell additional products and services
- Exceptional communication skills are required. Candidates must show the customer value at every touch point – either on the phone, via e-mail or in person
- The ability to work well under pressure and effectively multi-task while maintaining professional rapport with customers is essential
- Decisive and successful problem solving skills and the ability to use the Internet effectively is necessary
- The ability to work flexible shifts is essential
Primary Location: US-Massachusetts-Boston
American Express - 12 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...