Our vision for the center is to substantially improve the level of service to all internal and external customers.
This vision transforms the role of customer service from simple resolution of presenting problems to proactive guidance and root cause solutions to business problems. This change is driven by intelligent perception from professional front line Specialists who can handle challenging customer contacts and understand the principles of continuous business process improvement.
The Buying and Paying Support Center Specialist provides excellent professional customer service responding to incoming phone and email communication, based on thorough understanding of industry policies, best practices and procedures.
- Handle inbound call, voicemail, and email contacts. Research customer issues using a variety of tools including a suite of Oracle products.
- Process requests correctly and efficiently.
- Work to achieve first contact resolution on every call.
- Document customer issues, accurately coding the contact and providing additional documentation as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- The support center environment functions with a high degree of structure. Successful candidates must have an ability to handle a highly structured environment.
- The support center environment functions with disciplined workflow and schedule management. Successful candidates must have an ability to work under tight time pressure.
- Handling customer complaints day in, day out, can be highly stressful. Successful candidates must have an ability to handle emotionally stressful situations with ease and grace.
- Successful candidates will function well in a small, tight knit team of 10 Specialists.
- Customers frequently contact the center when they have a complaint or criticism for organizational processes. Successful candidates must have an ability to cope with criticism and upset customers.
- Successful candidates must have professional written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- The center must balance customer service with risk management. Successful candidates must have an ability to demonstrate calm assertiveness.
- Issues handled by the center some times require problem solving. Successful candidates must have an ability to problem solve.
- Issues handled by the center some times require additional research or follow up. Successful candidates will have a bias for action with solutions.
- Successful candidates must have an ability to build rapport and demonstrate empathy, professionalism and courtesy at all times.
- Minimum 3 years of customer service experience in an inbound contact center environment is required.
- Experience working in a purchasing, disbursements, travel reimbursement or accounting environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a technical or financial services contact center strongly preferred.
- Experience using Oracle, is strongly preferred.
- Four-year college degree required.
Stanford University - 13 months ago
The Stanford Technology Ventures Program is dedicated to accelerating high-technology entrepreneurship education and creating scholarly rese...