TenMarks, a venture-backed education technology company in Burlingame is growing, and looking to add amazing people to our team. Last school year, 1.5 million students across 60,000 classrooms across the US used TenMarks to improve their math skills and confidence, and we’re expecting more than 4 million students this year. If you have the energy to work at a fast-paced startup, the passion to help change the future of our country by improving education, and a can-do attitude then we would love to hear from you.
As a fast-growing startup, we look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new things as the need arises are a must.
Curriculum Developer/K-12 Math
In this key role on the content team, you will work collaboratively to build best-in-class learning materials in math that support the evolving needs of 21st century classrooms, meets curriculum standards, and is fun, engaging, and helps students to achieve better outcomes. You will be responsible for designing and reviewing lessons and assessment that present concepts in a visual and creative way through technology tools. You will also provide leadership and guidance to content developers and manage content development initiatives.
Skills: For you to be successful in this role, you’ll need to have excellent writing skills, the ability to take complex topics and break it down for students in easy to understand terms, a strong background in math. You’ll also need to be a fast learner and have at least 5 years experience teaching math in elementary or middle school and/or equivalent experience developing curriculum at an educational publishing or educational technology company.
Benefits of working at TenMarks:
- Ability to look for new angles, and keep his/her perspectives fresh
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and effectively
- Experience in math curriculum design/development of digital content a plus
- Comfortable with technology.
- Deep knowledge of subject matter, including CCSS and subject-specific frameworks
- Deep knowledge of different learning styles and assessments
- Ability to work well with others as well as independently
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Focused and motivated
- Competitive salaries
- Meaningful equity in the company
- Comprehensive health and dental care
- Generous vacation policy
- Whatever equipment you need to be productive
- Fully stocked kitchen with any snack that you could desire
- And best of all, being part of an absolutely amazing team!
TenMarks Education Inc. - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -