Administers Continuing Education and related external programs, assisting with program design, marketing, operations, and evaluation.
- Assists in developing programs and courses, analyzing course data and identifying opportunities for new and expanded course offerings
- Develops related marketing strategies, policies, and procedures and disseminates them to students, teachers, and administrators.
- Supervises operations such as registrar, bursar, data collection, and payment functions
- Designs outreach materials, web sites, catalogues, and other marketing vehicles; conducts marketing events
- Assists in the hiring and administration of program coordinators and instructors.
- Assists in collecting and analyzing course evaluation and customer retention data.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Continuing Education Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
- Supervises Support Staff and Evening Program Coordinator.
- Oversees The Writing Center and Parliamo Italiano programs.
- Oversees departmental procurement and payroll functions.
- Acts as a liaison between the Continuing Education Programs Office and other internal/external units on cooperative or co-sponsored programs.
- Assists in special events planning, space reservation, and Performing Arts Center functions.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience.
- Project management, operations, and special event planning experience preferred
- Master's Degree in Higher Education Administration preferred
Commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your resume or curriculum vitae and cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. The resume, cover letter, and any other required documents must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
The committee will begin reviewing applications on December 9, 2013. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.