The RDE&Q-GICA Operations group is responsible for implementing and improving operational processes and standards related to the product development process. This covers the day to day operational needs to deliver project results to meet milestones and the continuous improvement of development processes to build capability.
The scope of operations responsibility covers working not only on the processes but in the processes to drive business objectives within GICA. Operations is responsible to manage the flow of projects and to assure visibility of the bottlenecks, queues and handoffs. Owning and operating the enterprise system is the responsibility of operations. This includes controlling the amount of work in the processes and escalation of issues to the right level.
This position will work to expand the knowledge and understanding of lean strategies and approaches and will also drive continuous improvement (CI) initiatives in GICA to identify and implement process improvements.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering required. Masters degree in technical or business major is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma with certifications preferred.
- Broad experience within the value chain and/or supporting functions.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience planning, organizing and solving a variety of complex problems in a process oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and influence cross-functional teams preferably in a technical environment involving all levels of the organization.
- Can conceptualize what is needed and communicate this clearly to a cross- functional team.
- High level of data analysis capabilities with some degree of higher level statistical understanding.
- A high level of excel usage and knowledge including macros and visual basics is preferred.
- The salary level of this position will vary based on the selected individual's experience and background.
Goodyear Tire & Rubber - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 73,000 people and manufacture our...