Continuous Improvement Manager - HPC Jacksonville
Req Number: hein-00004737
Heinz North America is searching for an exceptional Continuous Improvement Manager to support our Heinz Portion Control operation in Jacksonville, FL.
What is the role?
As the Continuous Improvement Manager you will report to the Plant Manager and will provide a full range of productivity services to all facility operations and direct cost reduction programs for the facility including leading lean events, six sigma processes, implementing Manufacturing Operating Systems (MOS) throughout the facility, developing and measuring facility systems and developing and delivering continuous improvement training programs for the facility.
Who will be successful in this role?
- A Bachelor degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, or related field with at least five (5) years prior experience in a manufacturing plant in a supervisory/managerial role (food manufacturing preferred)
- Strong employee relations skill set; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Drive productivity improvements through business processes including, but not limited to, yield improvement, labor utilization, overhead spend, capital utilization, indirect spend, plant utilization and efficiency, working capital both raw material and finished goods
- Demonstrated abilities to lead change initiatives (i.e., lean, six sigma, CI, HGPS, etc.) and implement process improvements to deliver consistent results
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to facilitate cross functional teams and exceptional organizational skills as demonstrated by prior experience in managing multiple concurrent projects/initiatives to successful conclusions, while delivering on all key ongoing responsibilities
- Black Belt certification is preferred
Bring Us Your Appetite For Success
Heinz is a global company with a long history of success. We offer an environment of strength, stability and exceptionally varied opportunity. Under our impressive portfolio of brands, we lead the industry in quality, value, consumer loyalty, and consumer expectations. Our talent is entrepreneurial, empowered and always collaborative with a culture that allows each person to have an impact every day.
Throughout the world, Heinz is synonymous with Ketchup ' but we're so much more. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, we market an ever-expanding selection of sauces, meals, snacks, and infant/nutrition products such as Ore-Ida, Delimex, WeightWatchers foods and others. We also operate a thriving Foodservice division, which creates and markets products to major restaurants and other consumer outlets.
At Heinz, diversity is implicit in our business strategy for success. By 'making talent an advantage,' diversity and inclusion:
- Enables Heinz to be the 'employer of choice' that hires and retains the best talent from around the world, reflecting the markets and consumers we serve;
- Promotes an inclusive workplace culture that values differences in order to inspire each team member to bring their personal best; and
- Encourages full engagement and contribution from team members to ensure that we have the innovation and creativity to deliver on our mission in every part of our business.
It is the continuing policy of Heinz North America to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disabilities, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
H.J. Heinz Company - 14 months ago