POSITION: Regional Continuous Improvement Manager -
Industrial Steel Manufacturing/Fabrication
REPORTS TO: General Manager of Manufacturing Facility
LOCATION: Tuscaloosa, AL
A global leader in the manufacture of mechanized poles,
towers and structures for lighting, traffic, utility and
communications has an immediate opening for a Regional
Continuous Improvement Manager at its manufacturing
facility near Tuscaloosa, AL. Reporting to the General
Manager of this facility, the Regional Continuous
Improvement Manager will determine the most effective
ways to use the basic factors of production—people,
machines, materials, information, and energy—to
manufacture the company’s products in the most
efficient/cost-saving manner. The Regional Continuous
Improvement Manager’s primary areas of focus are as
follows: to increase productivity through the management
of people, methods of business organization, and
technology; to solve organizational, production, and
related problems efficiently by carefully studying
product requirements and using mathematical methods to
meet those requirements; and to design improved
manufacturing and information systems. The Continuous
Improvement Manager will employ Lean Manufacturing tools
and strategies to help increase plant capacity, improve
product quality, and improve process safety.
· Spending at least 50 percent of his/her time on the
shop floor observing and documenting work flow,
processes and procedures.
· Investigating and recommending technology and/or
process changes to facilitate cost savings and
continuous capacity improvement.
· Assisting in the assessment of capital purchases.
· Aggressively managing capital projects to ensure their
on-time completion within budget.
· Troubleshooting equipment and quality issues on the
· Working with operators to identify opportunities for
· Training employees and implementing continuous
improvement activities consistent with the company’s
· Optimizing work station layout and ergonomics.
· Working closely with safety personnel to drive safety
awareness and safe performance.
· Monitoring production to ensure products meet company
standards and working closely quality assurance
personnel to implement corrective actions, as necessary.
· BS in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering, with
hands-on experience in a metal fabricating/manufacturing
· Six Sigma Green Belt; Black Belt certification
· Demonstrated leadership capability.
· Prior supervisory experience.
· Working knowledge of coil processing, forming,
drilling/punching, ERW welding and arc welding.
· Training and implementation background in Lean
Manufacturing principles including Kanban, 5S.
· Knowledge of typical quality systems.
· Strong work ethic; ability to work overtime and
weekends as necessary.
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and
AutoCAD; familiarity with MRP/ERP systems.
Salary of $80,000, plus 10-percent performance bonus and
full benefit package. Relocation allowance, as
Perfect World Search - 18 months ago