POSITION: Continuous Improvement Manager - Industrial
REPORTS TO: General Manager of Manufacturing Facility
LOCATION: Hazelton, PA
A global leader in the manufacture of steel structures
used in the electrical utility transmission and
distribution industry has an immediate opening for a
Continuous Improvement Manager at its manufacturing
facility in Hazelton, PA. Reporting to the General
Manager of this facility, the Continuous Improvement
Manager will determine the most effective ways to use
the basic factors of production—people, machines,
materials, information, and energy—to manufacture the
company’s products in the most efficient/cost-saving
manner. The Continuous Improvement Manager’s primary
areas of focus are as follows: to increase productivity
through the management of people, methods of business
organization, and technology; to solve organizational,
production, and related problems efficiently by
carefully studying product requirements and using
mathematical methods to meet those requirements; and to
design improved manufacturing and information systems.
The Continuous Improvement Manager will employ Lean
Manufacturing tools and strategies to help increase
plant capacity, improve product quality, and improve
· Spending at least 50 percent of his/her time on the
shop floor observing and documenting work flow,
processes and procedures.
· Investigating and recommending technology and/or
process changes to facilitate cost savings and
continuous capacity improvement.
· Assisting in the assessment of capital purchases.
· Aggressively managing capital projects to ensure their
on-time completion within budget.
· Troubleshooting equipment and quality issues on the
· Working with operators to identify opportunities for
· Training employees and implementing continuous
improvement activities consistent with the company’s
· Optimizing work station layout and ergonomics.
· Working closely with safety personnel to drive safety
awareness and safe performance.
· Monitoring production to ensure products meet company
standards and working closely quality assurance
personnel to implement corrective actions, as necessary.
· BS in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering, with
hands-on experience in a metal fabricating/manufacturing
· Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
· Demonstrated leadership capability.
· Prior supervisory experience.
· Working knowledge of coil processing, forming,
drilling/punching, ERW welding and arc welding.
· Training and implementation background in Lean
Manufacturing principles including Kanban, 5S.
· Knowledge of typical quality systems.
· Strong work ethic; ability to work overtime and
weekends as necessary.
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and
AutoCAD; familiarity with MRP/ERP systems.
Salary of $80,000, plus 10-percent performance bonus and
full benefit package. Relocation allowance, as
Perfect World Search - 11 months ago