DMS International is a Consulting, Information Technology and Training Company headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland. At DMS our quality policy is to be among the 'best in class' providers of management and information technology consulting services in partnership with our customers. We hire professionals who take pride in doing quality work and who are committed to the customer.
DMS recruits candidates that possess and display the attributes that reflect the DMS Core Values of:
* Quality in Delivering Solutions,
* Integrity in Conduct, and
* Responsiveness to our Customer’s Mission.
We are currently searching for a Contract Administrator/Project Manager. The candidate will be responsible for the day to day administration of all federal government contracts in conformity with the FAR; and will be responsible for the oversight and continuous improvement of the contract administration function as well as responding to inquiries regarding contracts/task orders/subcontracts, and amendments. He / She will interact with government CO’s, COTRs, as well as industry contract managers, Program Managers, Team Leads, internal stakeholder and others as required. This position will require strong communication skills, attention to detail, and organization. The candidate will be responsible for supporting program/project managers in the execution of their duties in conformity with PMBOK as well as preparation and oversight of Quarterly Program Reviews (QPR). Experience as a Project Manager is required.
This is a part-time position until January 2014.
The work may also be performed in Northern Virginia instead of Silver Spring, MD
Education: Bachelors’ degree is required
Experience: At least 5 years of experience in Federal Government Contract Management
Principal Contracts Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Proficient with contract management and administration, including knowledge of FAR requirements.
- Experience with CPFF, T&M, and FFP contracts.
- Knowledge of program planning, promoting process improvement, and performance management.
- Detail-oriented, innovative problem-solver who can generate creative solutions.
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, and SharePoint. Visio experience desired.
- PMI trained, PMP or equivalent certification desired.
- Serve as the primary correspondence with Government Contracting personnel on all contract actions, issues, and information.
- Process all contract actions for the organization, including awards, kick-offs, modifications, subcontract management, and task order management.
- Responsible for updates and timely communication with program managers.
- Provides financial support for PMs, including timesheet, subcontract, consultant agreements, and invoice reviews.
- Responsible for the application and modification of contract procedures and drafting documents.
- Track, monitor, review, and recommend areas for financial improvements and efficiencies of current contracts.
- Provide support and preparation of Quarterly Program Reviews (QPR’s)
- Adapt to changing assignments and situations in a positive manner and open to new ideas
- Perform financial analysis on assigned contracts; assist with compiling and developing budgets, perform calculations for revenue projections
- Perform analysis and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameter;
DMS International - 13 months ago