Provides contract administration for groups of projects spread among internal and external team members including guidance on what issues may present a compliance liability to the university. Serves as an on going liaison between university administration, principal investigators, faculty, and staff. |
The Contract Administrator is responsible for providing guidance to principal investigators regarding government and industry proposals and contracts, including but not limited to adherence to the FAR's, OMB, and other government contract regulations including applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the university and sponsoring agency. Responsible for monitoring and reporting on budget management of contracts awarded to the university. Responsible for recording and maintaining contract information in the university systems.
- Manage proposal submissions for government and industry research contracts, including: provide guidance to principal investigators, project budget creation and review, compliance review, and interpretation of funding agency regulations.
- Manage awarded research contracts, including fiscal management, invoicing, monitoring of allowable expenses, cost sharing, tracking and reporting contract performance and overall financial administration of contracts.
- Maintain contract files, sub-contracts, contract modifications, consulting agreements, split funding forms, effort reporting, sub-recipient monitoring, record retention of contract documents.
- Coordinate other activities, special reports, projects, and other related duties as assigned. Generate reports as requested, and raise potential concerns involving contract budget management, administration, compliance issues and other key issues regarding contract administration and compliance.
- Position may require supervision of graduate students or student employees.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred with at least three years of contracts experience. In lieu of a Bachelor's Degree, a qualified candidate should have at least six years of contracts managment experience. Candidate must have strong analytical skills and above average technical ability.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, handicap, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Diversity Statement:
Embry-Riddle values diversity: We respect the rights and property of all individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, physical disability, economic background, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We believe in a community where all members are welcome, and individuals or groups are free from harassment.
How To Apply
Thank you for your interest in Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. For information on applying for a job, please read the following section.
1. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University considers applications for OPEN positions only. You can obtain information regarding these openings from
2. Human Resources retains applications for a particular position only until the position has been filled. You may apply online, within each online job posting.
- our online job postings.
- media advertisements.
3. Applicants MUST meet minimum qualifications to be considered for open positions. Individuals whose qualifications and experience best meet the needs of the University will be contacted for an interview.
4. If you need any reasonable accommodations during the application or interview process, please let us know as soon as possible.
If you have not created your profile (using your email address and your own password) please click on the "Register today" button. Once you have created your account, you will be able successfully apply for the vacancy of your choice.
Please follow the steps below to update and add documents to your iRecruitment profile.
1. Log into your iRecruitment profile ( www.erau.edu/jobs ; click "Available Positions" and then click "Login here")
2. Once logged in, click on "My Account" (it is on the left side near the top); here you can update your entire profile. The default tab is "Personal Information", which is where you can add/delete documents. Just click on the remaining headings to view and update your profile. Please remember to "Save" often.
3. When you are finished, click the "Save" button and then the "Home" tab near the top right. This will take you back to your original welome page of your profile
Amount of Travel
Work At Home
Embry-Riddle - 22 months ago