To apply for this position, please visit our website below and follow instructions to submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and references for the Contract Recruiting Associate role.
The application deadline for this position is April 15th, 2014
- Please note that, due to a high volume of applications, only those that are submitted through our site will be reviewed.
CONTRACT POSITION AVAILABLE: RECRUITING ASSOCIATE
EMPLOYER: BLUEPRINT SCHOOLS NETWORK
STATUS: CONTRACT FOR IMMEDIATE START THROUGH END OF SEPTEMBER 2014;
HOURS: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM (MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY)
LOCATION: NEWTON, MA (Boston Area)
Blueprint Schools Network (Blueprint) is a nonprofit organization based in Massachusetts. Our work with schools around the country has shown that positive change is possible when five core strategies for school improvement are implemented together as a comprehensive package.
These strategies include:
1. Ensuring every student has an excellent teacher and a school leader committed to their success;
2. Setting clear, consistent standards for academic achievement and establishing a school-wide focus on preparing all students for college;
3. Increasing instructional time;
4. Providing daily, small group tutoring to students using highly qualified and well-trained instructors; and
5. Collecting assessment data frequently to monitor each student’s academic progress and tailoring instruction to meet the needs of all learners.
We are currently working with public school districts in Denver, Boston and Saint Louis to plan and implement rigorous turnaround initiatives (62 schools, serving over 11,000 students).
Contract Recruiting Associate Job Description:
The Contract Recruiting Associate will work with the Blueprint Recruiting Team and the Director of Human Capital to support both the recruitment and selection of the 350+ Blueprint Fellows across all Blueprint’s partner districts. This contract role will also support recruiting activities related to positions outside of the Fellows program, as needed. This is a contract role in support of our busiest recruiting season. The term would be for an immediate start through end of September with some flexibility regarding the daily scheduling needs of the contractor.
The Blueprint Fellows Program is a critical component of our overarching strategy for transforming chronically underperforming public schools. Fellows serve as full-time tutors, providing individualized instruction to students in ratios of 2:1 or 3:1 for one period a day throughout the school year. Fellows work with students to provide targeted academic support and reinforce a school-wide culture of high expectations. This position has no recurring access to vulnerable populations as defined by the Corporation for National and Community Service.
The core responsibilities and expectations of this contract role will fall into two categories, recruitment and selection.
- Assist in the implementation of Blueprint’s outreach plan to potential pipeline sources (i.e. universities and colleges, local community organizations, other national service organizations, etc.)
- Help to develop recruitment calendar and attend events
- Support local recruitment efforts with local Blueprint and district personnel as well as Fellow volunteers, when necessary
- Actively post and maintain Blueprint Fellow job postings
- Maintain data and draft reports related to recruitment along with Recruitment Coordinator
- Process candidates through the Selection Process including both initial screenings (cover letter/resume screen) and phone interviews
- Communicate with candidates, answering both programmatic and application-related questions
- Maintain data related to selection
- Help to create weekly updates for Blueprint and district leadership on applicant pipeline
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least two (2) years of education, human resources, recruitment, or administrative experience
- Background in education, including teaching or tutoring, highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and generate excitement around Blueprint’s mission and work
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- The ability to collect, manipulate, and interpret data
- Prior experience tracking and reporting HR metrics preferred but not required
- Creative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel and knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
This is a six month contract role needed for an immediate start through the end of September 2014.
The application deadline for this position is April 8th, 2014.
To apply for this position, please visit http://blueprintschools.org/careers and follow instructions to submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and references.
Blueprint Schools Network is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V