Contract Recruiter – San Francisco
Are you passionate about attracting and placing great-fit talent? Do you have experience hiring IT and other professionals that are in demand? Do you like helping build successful organizations?
We’re looking for a successful Recruiter to join our HR team and help us staff and grow our IT department and other growing teams. Initially, this is a 4-6 month assignment. It may be extended or converted to permanent for the right person and subject to business needs.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, we offer outstanding opportunities for professionals interested in developing their careers. We offer unparalleled financial strength, and stability with an exciting, friendly, “small company” atmosphere.
- Advertise, source, and screen job candidates to fill position openings through various applicant sources.
- Work closely with hiring managers to meet staffing goals.
- Proactively develop candidate pipeline and develop a network of prospects for future needs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with area college/university career services offices as a source for applicants.
- Provide initial screening of applicants and refer qualified applicants to hiring managers for interviewing.
- Schedule testing/interviews and arrange for any accommodations for applicants.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records on recruiting and staffing activities.
- Complete documents and letters for verification of employment
- Produce management reports related to recruiting and hiring efforts
- Provide top notch customer service to all internal and external clients and customers
- Able to work well independently, to prioritize work and to execute efficiently and effectively.
- Some travel to other offices is required – on average, less than a couple of days a month.
- Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, and 2+ years of experience doing full life-cycle recruiting; or 4+ years of experience recruiting for professional hires. Experience recruiting IT professionals is preferred.
- Language Ability: Superior ability to present orally and in writing in a manner that clearly and accurately conveys complex information on a variety of topics to a wide variety of candidates and managers.
- Math Ability: Able to review data regarding assessments, recruiting metrics and data to draw valid conclusions regarding correlation, quality, and outcomes
- Reasoning Ability: Able to understand and take action regarding problems involving multiple variables. Able to apply common sense when carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Strong skill level using PowerPoint to create effective presentations. Able to use Excel to analyze recruiting outcomes. Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems.
The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Pasadena, Omaha, St. Louis, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating, the highest rating they award insurance carriers. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and insureds the security rarely available in a regional specialty carrier.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which 'team players' thrive.