Under the supervision/direction of the Outpatient Director, the therapist will
provide mental health services to the patients of Methodist Family Health.
Providers/Therapists who are not independent practitioners will receive case supervision or an appropriate level of clinical supervision for the treatment modalities or services they provide. Supervision will be conducted consistent with the level of treatment, and the Agencys human resource management practices, policies, and procedures.
- Provide support, individual, group and/or family therapy for MFH patients and families, as needed.
- Assists in developing treatment-planning goals/objectives with patients, families and treatment team members.
- Responsible for youth intake, assessment of youth, development and completion of intake documentation (psychosocial), assists with case management of patients.
- Provides crisis intervention as needed.
- Disseminates agency and program information to social service agencies, churches, childcare institutions, etc., as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that all documentation on patients is current and complete (i.e., psychosocial, treatment plans, updates, discharge documents, CAFAS & other documents as designated).
- Serves as a liaison for patients with other social service agencies.
- Coordinates appropriate referrals, as needed.
- Provides ongoing assessment and treatment planning consultation.
- Assists patients with appropriate discharge planning
- Provides client/family follow-up care as needed.
- Assists with pre-service and/or in-service training in areas of expertise as needed.
- Assists in preparation for, and helps maintain compliance with Licensing, Medicaid and JCAHO standards.
- Keeps detailed and accurate documentation of all pertinent client information.
- Attends regular treatment team staff meetings and provides pertinent input regarding client concerns, progress, etc.
- Responsibility is assumed for continuing educational and professional development and contributions are made to the professional growth of others.
- Documentation of continuing education, etc., will be provided to the personnel department and copies kept in the employees record
- The individual employed in this position may accept other reasonable assignments, which may be necessary, for efficient operation of assigned programs as there is time and opportunity.
Note: This position will be evaluated by the Outpatient Director, the Medical Director and/or the MFH Executive Committee at least every two years.
- Masters Degree in applicable field
- Must hold valid License as a LMSW, LCSW, LAC, LPC, or LPE
- Prefer experience working with youth